The Steam Summer Sale is coming for your wallets

Wednesday, 18th June 2014 02:14 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Evidence is mounting that Steam’s annual, wallet-destroying Summer Sale will begin this week.

steam_summer_sale

Following on from the appearance of mysterious trading cards on the Steam Marketplace, online payment service PaySafeCard has suggested the sale will begin on June 19 and run through June 30.

The dates come via an ad spotted by NeoGAF users.

That’s not the only bit of evidence pointing to this date range, though; SteamDB’s curators noted on Twitter that this week’s Steam sales end on Thursday June 19, rather than running for a full week as is usual.

The Summer Sale is usually Steam’s biggest of the year, offering huge discounts via daily deals and regular flash sales. We all usually spend a great deal of money saving money on games we never actually get around to playing.

The fashion for enormous sales is popular among the pocket-sore, but some developers believe sales are bad for both consumers and the industry as a whole.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Digital Bamboo

Uh oh. I only have about $25 left in my Steam wallet. I’ll have to spend it wisely.

#1 2 months ago
  2. nicbarker

If you’re interested in tracking when / if a particular game goes on sale on Steam, you can really easily follow it using our app Notivo – it’ll simply send you a push notification with discount / price information when it happens!
    Please let us know if you enjoy our service, we use it ourselves and it’s really useful!
    I’m personally following Dark Souls II :)

#2 2 months ago
  3. sebastien rivas

@2 Thanks a bunch for the link but I prefer word of mouth all and traditional annoying question…

Guys we are 19th where are steam sales?
    Steam does not show anything :/

#3 2 months ago
  4. salarta

@sebastien rivas I keep checking too. I’m guessing they don’t go up until noon, Pacific Time.

#4 2 months ago
  5. polygem

checking as well eventhough i really really really don´t want to buy anything :D

#5 2 months ago
  6. polygem

it´s on now…

#6 2 months ago
  7. monkeygourmet

@Poly

Off topic, but what games did you get for your PS4? I’m picking one up next week I think :)

#7 2 months ago
  8. polygem

@monkeygourmet

to tell you the truth man: NONE :D i am playing the ps+ games, resogun, trine2, contrast, pixeljunk.

nothing on the ps4 really interests me atm – at all. i really only bought it for the destiny beta and for some things to come like bloodborne, god of war and so on.

i MUST play destiny as soon as i can though, seriously, this is good old chidish hype flowing through my veins with this one, so i said fuck it. the console wont get cheaper before this christmas so whatever…i can just go and buy it now.

#8 2 months ago