A crimewave is coming to your PS4 and Xbox One

Friday, 13th June 2014 10:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Payday 2: Crimewave Edition has been confirmed for PS4 and Xbox One. The new-gen console edition will be more than a vanilla release too. You might say it’ll be… a steal? I’ll get my coat.

payday_2

Speaking of games that are about crime, you can check out my raw Battlefield: Hardline PS4 gameplay with commentary right here. Stuff explodes. You lot like that right?

In a press release sent to VG247 today, Payday 2 developer Overkill Software and publisher 505 Games announced that hot on the heels of the PS3 and Xbox 360 editions receiving new updates and DLC, the game is also coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

It’s called Payday 2: Crimewave, and we’ve been told that it’s going to come with, “enhanced features and all the extra bells, whistles and glitz that you’d expect from Xbox One and PlayStation 4″

Sound good? Nice.

Fans out there reading this would do well to check out my big interview with former Battlefield man David Goldfarb about he and his team took Payday 2 from a 1.5 addition to the first game and turned it into what you see today. What he says is actually fascinating.

1. Legendaryboss

Thought a new game was announced judging by the title. If your going to be “imaginative” with titles at least be accurate.

Another port, Mr Burns Voice: excellent!

#1 3 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@Legendaryboss Was the image not good enough?

#2 3 months ago
  3. Legendaryboss

If you think the image and title go hand in hand, then yes i should know its related Payday 2, or a Crimewave DLC, or a next gen re-release featuring something about Crimewave, or teaser of a sequel. Thats what would happen if i were using my pre-click article imagination. But the image isn’t the problem.

#3 3 months ago
  4. JAMBO4170

Well I for one am bloody excited about this, switched the old ps3 on just to play this a few days ago and haven’t turned it off since! Such an immense game. And seeing as it looks and controls so poorly, has none of the dlc that the pc has I’m definitely looking forward to the upgrade. I just hope they do some kind of progress transfer, as it takes so long to get mods.

#4 3 months ago
  5. Os Money

Awesome. just restarted playing on pc cause i wanted to play but sold the 360 copy since i got the xb1.

#5 3 months ago