Nolan North reckons Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is the last entry

Thursday, 12th June 2014 12:58 GMT By Dave Cook

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End sounds quite absolute doesn’t it? The clue’s in the word ‘End’ after all, but the voice of Nathan Drake, Nolan North, has said that to the best of his knowledge this really is the last one.

uncharted_4_a_thiefs_end

If you missed the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End E3 2014 trailer, you can watch it in full through the link. Naughty Dog also discussed its new approach to gameplay here.

Now, speaking with IGN, North said, “It’s bittersweet but at a certain point you want to go out on top.

“If this is the last one indeed, and I believe it’s the last one – nothing’s confirmed, but I believe it’s the last one Naughty Dog wants to do, in which case I hope somebody else doesn’t pick up the mantle because they’ve done it so well for so long – but yeah, it’s one of those things where you just have to cross that bridge when you get to it.

“I like the idea of going out on top so we better do a hell of a job with this one… and it’s already looking pretty good.”

Also, Naughty Dog’s studio coordinator Rodney Reece and lead FX artist Keith Guerrette have confirmed to GamingBolt – cheers Videogamer – that the Uncharted 4 E3 2014 trailer was in-engine and running on PS4 in real-time. The sequence apparently appears in a level within the full game.

Are you pumped for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End? Let us know below.

1. Gheritt White

Good stuff – big fan of four-part franchises, personally speaking.

#1 2 months ago
  2. Mr Sparkle

Next stop: Uncharted Collected Ultra HD Edition on PS5!

#2 2 months ago
  3. Joe Musashi

I’m a little surprised we’re even getting a PS4 Uncharted. Historically, Naughty Dog made a clean break with new IP for each generation.

JM

#3 2 months ago
  4. Digital Bamboo

I agree with North, best to go out on top.

While I don’t hate it as completely as most, the legacy of Indiana Jones would almost certainly be better if they hadn’t made Crystal Skull. Sometimes it’s better to just let it be.

Not worried that A Theif’s End will turn out like IJ4 btw, the time between releases makes a lot more sense, ride the wave of Uncharted 2&3 to the end (with the original Uncharted being a sort of very good rough draft).

#4 2 months ago
  5. zoopdeloop

I do believe Uncharted 4 is the last entry,since Naughty Dog confirmed they also working on a new AAA IP on the same scale as Uncharted and they’re also thinking giving TLOU another go

The franchise has made it’s course and since the 3rd entry it was just repeating itself.It was about time they give it a closure.
    let’s see if it will go with a bang

#5 2 months ago
  6. Darkfield

I reckon Sony wont be happy about that.

#6 2 months ago
  7. mistermogul

Man just give me the game already! Must be the most visually impressive console game we’ve seen to date…

I’d be happy if this was the last one, at least for a long time. The series seems to have run its course and it’d give way for ND to make more new IP like they did last year with TLOU…

#7 2 months ago
  8. kingy

I’m gutted I love uncharted 😢

#8 2 months ago
  9. YoungZer0

Good. Go out with a bang.

#9 2 months ago
  10. BrokenSpline

@Darkfield

They wouldn’t mind because ever thing Naughty Dog has done has sold hand over fist.

#10 2 months ago
  11. DeVitowned

;.;

#11 2 months ago
  12. OrbitMonkey

I swear to whatever atheists swear to (math?) that if they kill Sullivan to provide some gravitas, or sumesuch, i’ll fucking NEVER buy one of their games again!*

*this may be a fib

#12 2 months ago
  13. fearmonkey

It could be Nathan’s last adventure, but if they wanted, they could start it up with another character.

#13 2 months ago
  14. Bomba Luigi

I’m with Joe, its the first Time ND is making a sequel on a new Console. I like Uncharted, but they should do new things.

Well, in the End I buy everything from ND, but still^^

#14 2 months ago
  15. TERMINATOR-SSD

i would love to see a Uncharacter 1-3 on PS4, mainly for the people who have not played and experienced these games, much like Last of Us is getting remastered.

#15 2 months ago