Here’s why The Last Guardian wasn’t shown during Sony’s E3 2014 conference

Wednesday, 11th June 2014 12:00 GMT By Dave Cook

The Last Guardian was a no-show during Sony’s E3 2014 conference on Monday – as we reported it would be a few hours before the event – and Sony Computer Entertainment’s president of worldwide studios Shuhei Yoshida has explained why.

the_last_guardian

Speaking with Eurogamer, Yoshida commented on IGN’s since-retracted report that The Last Guardian had been cancelled outright, saying, “There were a difficult couple of days before the show – I’m sure you noticed. I’m so happy it was retracted before the show happened.”

“It’s the same message!” he added, stressing that The Last Guardian remains in full development at Sony.

Yet, it didn’t appear on Sony’s stage. Yoshida explained the move, “Lots of people tweeted me they were heartbroken by that news [prior to the show]. People are going through this roller coaster of emotions, and it’s our fault for not releasing the game, yet.

“We owe a lot to those people, but we really don’t want to release piecemeal information until we can say this is The Last Guardian – so we ask you to wait.”

Are you still hanging on for The Last Guardian. Tell us about it below.

1. Legendaryboss

Okay, next up on vapourware train: Agent.

#1 2 months ago
  2. Joe Musashi

“Please understand”, right?

@1 Slender as it may have been, we’ve seen more of TLG than Agent. I think it’s already vapaourware.

JM

#2 2 months ago
  3. KAP

Shadow Of The Colosus is still thee best game I’ve ever played, and I will NEVER give up on The Last Guardian.
    I’m happy Sony isn’t releasing info for the sake of it. Do it, when you got all your ducks in a row Shu…

#3 2 months ago
  4. jonnymelamet

Please explain the trailer from eight years ago. In this space of time some piecemeal information may be required.

#4 2 months ago
  5. jomac3db

Another final fantasy

#5 2 months ago
  6. POOhead

@Joe Musashi so was max payne until that came out of nowhere

#6 2 months ago
  7. redwood

I gave up on this game already aaaand on fumito too, don’t think we are gonna see a game by him any time soon.

#7 2 months ago
  8. pukem0n

and the Vaporware award of the year goes to…

#8 2 months ago
  9. Rosseu

#4 he basically confirmed they remade it from the ground up for ps4

#9 2 months ago
  10. Joe Musashi

“Please explain the trailer from eight years ago”

Wait, 2009 was 8 years ago? Seriously? Wow. What’ve I missed? Are internet article commentators still prone to theatrics and gross exaggeration? Is Zune still around?

JM

#10 2 months ago
  11. RussellGorall

This really tells me nothing.

#11 2 months ago
  12. majormayhem70

Somebody explain to me why this game is so important to be made. I’ve always viewed it as a boy with his dog looking creature and nothing else. Considering that they have yet to release the game or offer much more info on this game, I think my assessment might be spot on…

#12 2 months ago
  13. Alkanida

Ok now, can you go ahead and tell us why God of War was not seen at E3.
    I remember the article “here’s why its gonna be there” and it didn’t show up.
    You should really watch out for these kinds of articles…if they don’t end up being true you lose visitors.

#13 2 months ago