Watch us blow up everything in Battlefield: Hardline’s PS4 beta

Wednesday, 11th June 2014 10:37 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield: Hardline is in beta right now on PS4 and PC. VG247′s Dave Cook has recorded a few matches of Visceral’s cops and robbers shooter, starting with is fast-paced Heist mode on new map High Tension.

We’ve played Battlefield: Hardline in LA and interviewed Visceral Games on everything that’s new. Hit up the links to see what they said, and to watch some fresh gameplay.

Here’s my raw capture from the Battlefield: Hardline PS4 beta:

In it, both cops and criminals need to secure two money drops from a downed bank convey, then drag the loot back to their escape zone by any means necessary. It’s absolutely nuts thanks to a high volume of vehicles tearing across the environment, and lots of destructive Levolution effects.

The crane in High Tension can also be collapsed to create more devastation and new walkways up to higher levels. It’s an ace map. At base level Hardline controls just like Battlefield 4 but has a few new tricks up its sleeves. Also, the new baseball bat melee takedowns are savage.

Have a look and see what you think.

1. DarkElfa

I got into the PC beta, I’ll tell you how it is later.

#1 5 months ago
  2. johnapocalypse

Still waiting for a PS4 beta key

#2 5 months ago
  3. mark6IKX

I’ve been playing it abit (PC). And whilst it feels slightly more responsive than Battlefield 4, Its hard to explain but it feels… Cartoony. The movement is smoothed slightly and the recoil is pretty ridiculous. As a Battlefield fan all my life, I’m glad they are taking a new route. It’s nice to broaden the spectrum, but I’m currently not sure if it feels right for me! Shame to say it, but I hope it gets improved before release.

#3 5 months ago
  4. Dave Cook

@mark6IKX Yeh the recoil is mad. I found it hard to hit people over distance.

#4 5 months ago
  5. wickedcricket

Seriously somebody should start some serious boycotting of buying EA’s re-skinned re-mapped re-named games that could be another DLC (like Vietnam in BC2) and are worth less than $10 but sold as an AAA $50+ you know that kinda online petition, with protests outside EA HQ, with signs and stuff….

#5 5 months ago
  6. TERMINATOR-SSD

@wickedcricket simple, i just dont buy EA games anymore. AFter BF3 i said thats it, no more. I didn’t buy BF4 because i knew it was going to be bad another modern day shooter which it should’ve been BF2143. Then EA and DICE should of made more maps and modes for BF3 with expansion packs like the days of BF2 and also work on BF2143 as it would bee very very different. BUT NO, EA and DICE made a reskinned BF game BF4 with bugs and problems.

This is not Battlefield, but funny how cops have advance military weapons, gear attack helicopters and parachutes lol. And Hardline is meant to be a Cop n Robbers game. mmmm ok then

#6 5 months ago
  7. fengato

Sprinting is really odd with primary weapons – your arms move at half the pace of the jogging. Funnily enough it’s normal BF3/4 for secondary weapons like pistols. Hope they change it back, as it makes you feel like you’re going in slo-mo.

PS4 version framerate is pretty choppy (tho to be expected in beta.)

#7 5 months ago
  8. mark6IKX

@Dave Cook I’m just hoping they sort it out before launch, we don’t want another Battlefield 4 launch. @fengato That’s one of the reason’s I think the game feels “cartoony”, it just doesn’t feel reasonably realistic, don’t get me wrong it’s not a simulator. But it should “feel” realistic. At the moment I’d go as far to say it feels like Team Fortress or a game similar.

#8 5 months ago
  9. mark6IKX

@Dave Cook I’m just hoping they sort it out before launch, we don’t want another Battlefield 4 launch. @fengato That’s one of the reason’s I think the game feels like a cartoon, it just doesn’t feel reasonably realistic, don’t get me wrong it’s not a simulator. But it should “feel” realistic. At the moment I’d go as far to say it feels like Team Fortress or a game similar.

#9 5 months ago
  10. mark6IKX

Sorry didn’t mean to duplicate comments, browser bugged out!

#10 5 months ago
  11. Dave Cook

@mark6IKX i know what you mean about cartoony, but that’s exactly why I liked Bad Company 2. It was stupid. I prefer that over BF4′s realism.

We are all different though, after all :)

They just need to lower the gun recoil on assault rifles. They’re unreliable as all hell right now.

#11 5 months ago
  12. mark6IKX

@Dave Cook Can’t argue with the Dave! :) I’ll just be sat here waiting for the next Bad Company or 2142!

#12 5 months ago
  13. CyberMarco

My attempt to the game! :P

The game is fun, but wont be buying it.

#13 5 months ago
  14. sebastien rivas

call me lazy but in reality I am tired of being milked by EA, I could download and try the beta and even the dev really hard but I will not.
    I came here to check if somehow I was utterly wrong and i should just dive and give my wallet to EA but nope, no good surprise(s).
    Is Dice loosing its touch or have Dice listened too much to EA?

#14 5 months ago