Grand Theft Auto 5 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One

Tuesday, 10th June 2014 03:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Grand Theft Auto 5 will be released on PC and next-gen consoles, presumably in response to the collective prayers of half the world’s gamers.

The much-requested re-release of GTA 5 is scheduled for northern autumn.

If you already own the game on PS3 or Xbox 360, you can carry across your GTA Online progress – but not your GTA 5 core game saves. It’s similar to Call of Duty cross-gen profile transfers, it seems.

1. Erthazus

Self-shadowing, improved grass/trees, lightning. Distance view is better.

this should be from the very beggining.

#1 6 months ago
  2. POOhead

rip pc port

#2 6 months ago
  3. Obernox

Increase the player count for MP please.

#3 6 months ago
  4. Visali

The trailer is available on the official site, tha game is coming for Xbox One and PC as well!!!! http://www.rockstargames.com/V/videos/video/11144

#4 6 months ago
  5. Xbone

@POOhead ITS COMING TO PC TOO!!!!

IM CRYING IN HAPPYNESS!

#5 6 months ago
  6. Asgaro

PC MASTER RACE BROTHER
    REJOICE
    FOR I AM IN TEARS

CONSOLE SCRUBS: GO PAY DOUBLE FOR INFERIOR GRAPHICS KTHXBAI

MODS HERE WE COME
    YOU NAME IT THE COMMUNITY WILL MAKE IT

#6 6 months ago
  7. Obernox

^LOL

#7 6 months ago
  8. tracyis300

Whelp! I no longer need this 360 anymore (throws out of widow)

#8 6 months ago
  9. aseddon130

PC Elitists make me laugh, they cry on how awesome all PC games are yet get a massive girl boner when a console game makes it way to them.

#9 6 months ago
  10. ChristopherJack

Woohoo!

#10 6 months ago
  11. ChristopherJack

@aseddon130 No idea why you focus your disdain on one group in particular, fanboys/elitists are just as bad no matter their gaming machine of choice. They all mock & tease each other all the time, it’s pathetic & you’re no better yourself.

#11 6 months ago
  12. Judicas

@ChristopherJack I think you meant to aim that at Asgaro as he was the only one showing disdain

#12 6 months ago
  13. Inspectre

As a PC gamer, I can’t give less of a shit about this.

#13 6 months ago
  14. undermyrules

as a pc gamer and a longtime gta harcore fan …..im not hyped at all for this….Dying light, Dead island 2 Witcher 3 Homefront the revolution , The Division and much more….

#14 6 months ago
  15. Darkfield

Now please E3 hit us with similar magic with MGSV for PC!

#15 6 months ago
  16. Hcw87

”The trailer below is Rockstar’s celebration of the news, which was broken during Sony’s E3 2014 briefing – although of course Sony didn’t mention any platform but PS4 at the time.”

Yes they did. They said that PS3 and X360 players could import their online characters for the next gen systems, so they actually announced the XB1 version on their own Sony conference, which i think was weird as hell. Namedropping a competing console, even mentioning the game will come out for it is not something we see every day.

#16 6 months ago
  17. AmiralPatate

I’m throwing my debit card at the screen and nothing happens, what am I doing wrong?

#17 6 months ago
  18. Elvis71

@Hcw87

You know why they mentioned that you can import the progress from the 360 ? Because a lot of Xbox 360 Gamers switched to PS4 or want to, so now they even can take their progress with them.

So its not weird, it makes totally sense to mention that.

#18 6 months ago
  19. Hcw87

Wait, you can actually go from 360>PS4 and PS3>XB1?

Guess it makes some more sense then.

#19 6 months ago
  20. Darkfield

@Hcw87 What they said was now Gamers can import their progression from PS3 and X360 to PS4. It was crystal clear. Now it might be the case for X1 as well, but this is the actual thing they said on the stage.

#20 6 months ago
  21. TheWulf

Uh? I don’t see that at all. All I see is someone (you, if you’re not sure) hoping that we’ll actually want this steaming heap of anti-intellectual dreck. Look, this is a game for stupid people — to wit, extroverts. It’s about mindless murder in an open world. And that’s not even mentioning that the characters are squick-inducing sociopaths. I find them deeply unpleasant.

Not for me, okay?

I’m a PC owner, and as one, I’d have to say that I’d like something with puzzles instead, or maybe a goofy platformer? Perhaps something with both of those qualities! I’d enjoy some good storytelling and character-building as a garnish to go with that, too. And to top it off, a little bit of brilliantly written philosophical/ethical dialogue, something that’ll leave me mulling it over internally for hours.

I’m just not interested in your passionless slaughter simulators. Sorry.

I couldn’t concur more, and more passionately, and more vehemently if I wanted to.

It’s the reality TV of video games, for people who like that sort of thing.

#21 6 months ago
  22. Luciferous

@AmiralPatate You need to post it to… a certain PO Box for it to work, i shall send you the details… for security, yeah security!

#22 6 months ago
  23. Hcw87

We get it, you don’t like good games.

Go play Yatzee at a retirement home or something (because that seems like the type of thing you’d be into), and stop pestering everyone else on this site.

#23 6 months ago
  24. YoungZer0

Meh. Didn’t like the game that much, but hey, mods sure could change a lot of things.

Just not the boring story and the obnoxious characters.

@21: Your insecurity issues are getting rather annoying.

#24 6 months ago
  25. UNazo

Well, ill just get GTAV and play it with mods.

#25 6 months ago
  26. RocknRolla

@Inspectre And as I and many others read your comment could´t give two fucks of what you think :)

#26 6 months ago
  27. RocknRolla

Maybe the damned Heists will come some time soon…

#27 6 months ago