Itagaki confirms Devil’s Third is now Wii U exclusive

Tuesday, 10th June 2014 18:32 GMT By Dave Cook

Devil’s Third creator Tomonobu Itagaki has confirmed that his elusive hack-and-slash fighter is now a Wii U exclusive. No, this isn’t a joke.

devils_third_logo_new

Itagaki just confirmed the news on an IGN E3 stream, saying Nintendo “really understood my vision, so I felt I really had to work with them.”

We’ve no idea what the game looks like now or when it’s coming. Details are thinner than a finely blended soup.

The last we heard of the game was that logo you see above. Not a megaton reveal, we’re sure you’ll agree.

Via Joystiq.

1. KAP

Bayonetta 2…… now this…. Nintendo, why? ffs

#1 2 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

Bayonetta 2 styled situation – part two.

#2 2 months ago
  3. Legendaryboss

They are really conflicting what audience for Wii U they are targeting.

#3 2 months ago
  4. Mike W

what?

#4 2 months ago
  5. Obernox

The game looked like shit, guys. I’m not joking. It looks awful.

#5 2 months ago
  6. Clupula

I seriously doubt there will be as big a backlash over this, though. Bayonetta has a small but devoted fanbase. This…we knew jack shit about it, all the way from 2010 or whenever they announced it, and what they’re showing looks pretty bland.

It’s the equivalent of Too Human becoming exclusive for 360.

#6 2 months ago
  7. The_Red

Wow, just watched the IGN gameplay and it looks bad.

Seriously, this is the opposite of Bayonetta 2. Itagaki used to make great games but this doesn’t hold a candle to Bayo 1, let alone 2 in terms of visuals and action.

#7 2 months ago
  8. polygem

this game bored the crap out of me. game also lacks in style. it´s tries too much and doesn´t deliver on anything. at least it looks like that at this point. it just looked all completely out of place. looked lazy too. bored. uninspired.

#8 2 months ago
  9. ManuOtaku

Well i hope it works great for both parts, for Itagaki and nintendo, and if nintendo can help the dev in order to improve the game the better.If the game is good it can come on other consoles and become a series.
    This is good for nintendo, i mean helping troubled japanese developers, i hope the will continue, even if the games are not that good.

#9 2 months ago
  10. salarta

“Nintendo really understood my need for funding, so I really HAD to work with them.”

#10 2 months ago
  11. ManuOtaku

@salarta a combination of hunger and glutony in the same place, time and space ;-)

#11 2 months ago
  12. Clupula

As much shit as I give you, Salarta, that made me laugh,

Now, stop that and go back to complaining about Lara Croft so I can stop complimenting you. It makes me feel icky.

#12 2 months ago
  13. Clupula

Also, does anybody really like that main character design? I don’t want to play as Dave Batista with a bad Russian accent.

#13 2 months ago
  14. OmegaSlayer

I can’t believe a genious and a perfectionist like Itagaki is behind this.
    I can’t.
    I was pissed when I read about it, then after the gameplay and the trailer…I couldn’t believe how bad that is.
    And it’s not writing off the game because it’s on the WiiU.
    It’s because it looks bad, not only graphically, but mostly gameplay wise.
    And I have no problems to say I’m butthurt about Bayonetta2

#14 2 months ago
  15. Legendaryboss

Game two. Need something else Nintendo.

#15 2 months ago
  16. fearmonkey

This makes complete sense doesn’t it? I mean, release a long awaited game from a specific few on a system barely anyone owns? Sounds like a recipe for profit to me… Now Bayonetta 2 has company, two niche games that wont get played as much as they should because they are tied to a barely selling system.

#16 2 months ago
  17. Agt_Pendergast

This looks bad. I saw IGN demoing the game, and it looked blander and less lively than the premiere trailer that came out years ago. What the hell happened to you Itakagi?

#17 2 months ago
  18. The_Red

@Legendaryboss
    They actually have a lot of decent games. If anything, this should count as a negative game for them (Thankfully Bayonetta 2 is worth 10 so it can easily negate the -1 from Devil’s Turd).

#18 2 months ago
  19. The_Red

@The_Red
    EDIT / APOLOGY (Regarding Devil’s “TURD” wording)

The moment I hit enter on my last comment, I felt bad for the Devil’s Turd remark. Regardless of how much I disliked the gameplay demo, it was wrong of me to use that term for a game that many people worked hard on.

#19 2 months ago