UK game charts: Watch Dogs holds top, but sales drop sharp

Monday, 9th June 2014 09:23 GMT By Dave Cook

Watch Dogs has held firm at top of the UK game charts for a second week, but sales have dropped sharply. That’s probably because everyone bought it day-one, mind you.

watchdogs_header

Score-keeper UKIE confirmed that Watch Dogs sales dropped 81% over its first week of release, with an 84% drop on PS4 and Xbox One, and a 68% drop on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Newcomer Murdered: Soul Suspect entered at third following a string of poor to middling reviews, followed by MMO Wildstar at 14 and 3DS title Tomodachi Life at 15.

Here’s the chart in full:

1. Watch Dogs
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Murdered: Soul Suspect
  4. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  5. FIFA 14
  6. 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
  7. Minecraft: PS3 Edition
  8. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  9. Titanfall
  10. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

Does anything surprise you in this week’s chart?

1. Legendaryboss

Top 2 are holding onto their positions, but for how long? This list will change with yearly titles incoming.

The 3rd one? I’ve seen no marketing, so to make it to that position is good.

#1 4 months ago
  2. Joe Musashi

I think M:SS will drop like a stone. Happy to see Wolfenstein is getting some recognition.

5 and 6 though. Wow. You might not appreciate EA doing it, but you can see why they do.

JM

#2 4 months ago
  3. The_Red

@Joe Musashi
    Sales of both FIFA games are gonna skyrocket in a few days. Hell, I don’t follow football much and yet feel excited for world cup.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Goffee

Borderlands 2 for Vita is still in the top 30, that’s probably a first for any post-launch Vita title.

Of course, the lower reaches of the charts probably sell about 100 copies each.

#4 4 months ago
  5. ArithonUK

Wolfenstein deserves it’s place – I am so enjoying that game!

WatchDogs; well word of mouth about the PC bugs and issues with drivers may well have caused a lot of people to hold off. Having bought two Assassin’s Creed games from UBI that I lost the will to finish (looong cutscene, short dash, cutscene, linear dash and kill or stealth creep and repeat from loong cutscene ad nauseum) – so I held off on Watchdogs.

But not to say I won’t buy it eventually and there’s a wealth of great PC games to be played still, so I’m not worried.

The only game I’m certain I won’t be getting if “Battlefield” Hardline. That’s one cash cow where the milk has soured.

#5 4 months ago