Battlefield: Hardline PS4 beta starting today, E3 2014 multiplayer footage here

Monday, 9th June 2014 20:54 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield: Hardline multiplayer has been shown running at E3 2014, courtesy of Visceral Games. Oh, and the PS4 and PC betas are open now.

The footage above shows off Heist mode, in which a gang of robbers take on a police crew with a range of firearms and vehicles. The players are seen earning ribbons like they would in Battlefield 4.

Eventually, the cops break into the armoured truck they flipped over and steal the loot, before trying to make good their escape. Police in a helicopter give chase and try to stop them. It’s all a bit mad.

Of course there is destruction. A big crane topples and smashes through an adjacent building, while a robber suicide drives an oil tanker into a police blockade to ignite it. Someone gets tasered too, it’s funny, but not as funny as Syphon Filter’s taser.

The trailer is imminent. Stay tuned.

1. Joe Musashi

That footage looked amazing. I don’t care for MP FPS but, wow, that was slick.

JM

#1 7 months ago
  2. jmg24bad

And as soon as they announced it, the playstation network got really busy and it’s hard to log in right now lmao. People are hungry for the beta

#2 7 months ago
  3. Hcw87

Oh man, i actually got in (PC). Website and Origin is slow as hell though, so it’s not showing up in my library yet.

#3 7 months ago
  4. POOhead

massively disappointed by this.

#4 7 months ago
  5. Takeshi

@Hcw87 Me too. Finally donwloading now. :)

Really cool to release a beta on the same day you announce the game.

#5 7 months ago
  6. MadFingerz

My PC can handle BF3 on high settings without breaking a sweat but can’t handle this one on low…Shame that it’s pretty much unplayable for me with my current system..

#6 7 months ago
  7. dazedonthemoon

Didn’t get in yet on PS4, waiting on email.

#7 7 months ago
  8. harr0w

This is the best example of copying and pasting I’ve ever seen. Re-skinned nonsense

#8 7 months ago
  9. Knight Of Justice

Well if you asked me about this game before E3 I would say it has a little chance to beat call of duty this year, I know their timelines are different but battlefield could beat call of duty.
    But now after Rainbow Six: Siege is announced, I say that battlefield has a new rival who is as big as call of duty and unfortunately battlefield has no hope to beat this maggot(I mean Rainbow Six).
    Any way I’m still waiting for the E-mail. :D