Sony’s Project Morpheus demoed sillily by Jimmy Fallon

Saturday, 7th June 2014 15:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Project Morpheus was demonstrated on The Tonight Show last night. In the video below, you will see Jimmy Fallon moving his arms about like a madman. His guest on the show, Channing Tatum, also tried the tech out, but was more subdued in his approach.

There isn’t anything else to say, really. Hopefully it’s available to view in your region.

A commercial release date hasn’t been revealed for the VR headset just yet, but we expect to hear more regarding Sony’s plans during its E3 presentation Monday.

Via Kotaku.

1. gomersoul

I was more interested in that camera! Really poor glimpse at project morpheus, I’m sure you will only know what it’s like if you try it

#1 3 months ago
  2. Panthro

They go on Jimmy Fallon and show off that shitty demo?

Honestly does look terrible, but as long as they have made the headset ‘look pretty’.

#2 3 months ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@gomersoul Same here. Wow it’s expensive though.

#3 3 months ago
  4. Erthazus

I expect games to be in that quality from that demo. PS2-Ps3 graphics. More pixels and it will be impossible to play with Morpheus.

PS4 is not ready for VR. It has a mediocre hardware for decent fps and resolution for Morpheus. In theory so far 4K is a decent resolution for each eye.

#4 3 months ago
  5. SlayerGT

@Erthazus PS3 graphics? I’m good with Gran Turismo 6. I’ll take a racing seat with steering wheel also.

#5 3 months ago
  6. Game Hunter

@Erthazus but VR should be tested first,and then the devs should plan on improving the experience.

#6 3 months ago
  7. Game Hunter

Ireland Michael aka VR Basher has completely vanished from this site…such a shame.

#7 3 months ago
  8. Panthro

@Game Hunter

A shame? Ha.

#8 3 months ago
  9. Erthazus

@Game Hunter That’s not about the software. This is only about a hardware. If your hardware is not enough player will experience headache and other issues.

It was already confirmed that Morpheus demos compared to Oculus Rift had a lot of blur effects in the games.

#9 3 months ago
  10. Hcw87

For something FAR more impressive, check this:

#10 3 months ago
  11. SlayerGT

@Erthazus You talking about motion sickness? Cause I think you’re getting the two confused.

#11 3 months ago
  12. BrahManDude

these jimmy fallon demo’s are so hard to watch, makes me cringe

#12 3 months ago
  13. dazedonthemoon

@Game Hunter
    If only a few more would also disappear. Lol

#13 3 months ago
  14. ManuOtaku

oh boy, not only we are fighting the bad fight of the pixels counts on conses with tv sets, but on VR as well, theres not any new tech on gaming that can escape the my console/Device of preference can move more pixels than yours.

Imagine The ps9 commercial, the one where the console were nanobots, i could hear gamers “my brain handle more pixels than yours” , comnents already.

#14 3 months ago
  15. ManuOtaku

oh boy, not only we are fighting the bad fight of the pixels counts on consoles with tv sets, but on VR as well, theres not any new tech on gaming that can escape the my console/Device of preference can move more pixels than yours.

#15 3 months ago
  16. kingy

@Hcw87 That is impressive but do remember the guy was only using his head nothing more he was just looking around, in the fallon vid they were interacting with the inviroment very basically as it was , I can’t wait to see what both can do with proper games

#16 3 months ago
  17. Panthro

@kingy

Something similar to this would have blown people away, what they chose to show on Jimmy Fallon was not only underwhelming but really an embarrassment to what VR can actually do.

And that as made by 1 teenager (I assume, he looks young) in his bedroom, Sony could and should have done way better to demonstrate VR,

#17 3 months ago
  18. kingy

@Panthro Wow what sony put on fallon was absolute crap there are no other words for it ,why would they show that

#18 3 months ago
  19. CPC_RedDawn

@ SlayerGT : PS3 graphics? I’m good with Gran Turismo 6. I’ll take a racing seat with steering wheel also.

Hmmmmmm…. All those lovely upscaled 720p low res textures @ 30fps in your face!! Hmmmm… lovely!

#19 3 months ago
  20. jmg24bad

Just a bit of tech info for doubters. The project morpheus comes with its own processor unit out side of the ps4. The ps4 doesn’t do any extra processing

#20 3 months ago
  21. SlayerGT

@CPC_RedDawn Yeah I think Ps4 could handle gt6 in its current form. PD could probably lock down 60 frames too. They’re a technical bunch.

#21 3 months ago