UPDATE: Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 will skip E3 2014

Friday, 6th June 2014 11:00 GMT By Dave Cook

Square Enix has published a new E3 2014 trailer that teases appearances from the likes of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, while the company has confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 will be no-shows.

UPDATE:

Famitsu has interviewed Square’s Shinji Hashimoto, who has confirmed that both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 will miss E3 2014.

When asked if Kingdom Hearts 3 would appear at E3, Hashimoto replied, “We are are working diligently on KH3, but I think releasing new information will still take some time. We included a small part regarding the story of KH3 In the new trailer KH 2.5 prepared for E3 2014, so please check that out.”

He also responded to reports that Final Fantasy 15 would appear at E3 2014 by debunking them. “There was a misunderstanding in the reporting of that, a number of stories were accidently mixed into one,” he explained.

“When I was asked about FFXV’s presence at E3, the answer I gave was that ‘I can’t answer yet.’ But somehow what I had said was framed in a different context when it was reported.”

Hashimoto added, “First I’d like to say that development for FFXV is going well. Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about FFXV to the fans. So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year’s E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV.

“Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014. I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate FFXV, and I’m looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then.”

Thanks sqex.info.

ORIGINAL STORY:

The clip features just some of the games Square is bringing to the show, as we’re guessing its keeping the bigger guns secret for now, such as Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15.

It follows confirmation that Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn’s 2.3 patch will appear at E3, and as you can see, we also have Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, Theatrhythm: Curtain Call and Hitman Sniper to look forward to as well.

What Square games are you most looking forward to?

Via DualShockers.

1. CyberMarco

ALL ABOARD!!! xD

#1 2 months ago
  2. Judicas

What a terrible video, unexpected from a professional company

#2 2 months ago
  3. Rosseu

@2 I agree, what a shitty video, don’t watch it.

#3 2 months ago
  4. Obernox

AH FUCK

#4 2 months ago
  5. jomac3db

Screw u square

#5 2 months ago
  6. Mike W

smh….well it’s E3….it has been disappointing for the past 3 years.

#6 2 months ago
  7. Legendaryboss

TGS people.

#7 2 months ago
  8. Takeshi

@Legendaryboss That’s what I am thinking as well. But held onto that hope last year as well. Although the big reveal did happen at E3 2013.

#8 2 months ago
  9. KAP

wow, all these games, pulling of E3 at the last minute. At this rate, what will be shown that we don’t already know about?

My excitement is hugely deminishing.

So let me get this straight, these are all the games/devs so far missing E3: Media Molecule, Guarilla Games, KH3, FF15, Santa Monica Studios.. and I’m sure a few others I’m missing out on.

I hope there are many surprises kept secret we no nothing about because these is getting lacklustre now.

#9 2 months ago
  10. Mike W

@KAP

Well don’t get your hopes up, one would think a game developer/publisher would want to show some of your major games at one of the biggest gaming events of the year. But you will be surprise how many games are shown behind closed doors.

E3 is a fucking joke, do not be surprise if all three manufacturers disappoint us this year.

Sony is to high off success right now with the PS4, so I wouldn’t be surprise if they brag how many more units they’re selling than the XBO the whole fucking conference. We’re probably going to see more indy crap and CGI trailers of games that may come out.

MS is banking that Halo and the price cut is enough to get back in good grace with the consumer and of course…..for more people to pick up more units of system…..but you can bet your top dollar COD is going to grace their conference once again and we might see a snippet of Halo 5 and the new Gears game maybe.

Nintendo is a lose cause, they’re so out of touch with everything that its impossible to get excited for them.

#10 2 months ago
  11. lubu

LMAO :)) there is no FF15 , it doesn’t exist, that demo was a fake CGI

#11 2 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

At least people’s expectations are at an all time low, now we need not worry about E3 being disappointing when the big two surpass those exceedingly low expectations for their “next gen platforms.” However, jumping to reactionary conclusions is pointless.

#12 2 months ago
  13. CyberMarco

There goes my hype. TGS it is then! :(

#13 2 months ago
  14. Legendaryboss

Cynicism is what individuals are encountering with E3, moreso with each passing yeaf.

#14 2 months ago
  15. zoopdeloop

Yep that’s E3.Nothing like the industry or the press make it out to be.
    and the epilogue of all this will be a question in the form who had the best conference,which it really doesn’t matter since all conferences are pretty much underwhelming…every year.
    In the end if you think about it all great announcements,surprises,showings come outside of this event

#15 2 months ago
  16. BrokenSpline

Was never expecting this to be shown until maybe TGS this year. Both games were barely in alpha state when they shown last year and then no word or screenshots from then on. THe writting was on the walls.

#16 2 months ago
  17. Dark

Wow.good thing i stopped caring about this a long time ago.

#17 2 months ago
  18. lubu

don’t expect to see it in TGS too, TGS is only for mobiles. did you ever seen any real games in TGS in past two o three years ? NO

#18 2 months ago
  19. LikkiCurry

Look, they think they’re cool and funny.

#19 2 months ago
  20. Red Demon

Damn fucking Square Enix with this old bull shit games. Don’t get me wrong I like Square Enix and some of their games, but, why does it feels that they have been such a let down lately. Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn is cool but come on now, that’s old shit now. show something fresh and entertaining. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is cool but that’s still the same damn game. Create something Exciting like last year E3 that had the fans excited and this this bullshit presentation. I hope that they are just teasing fans.

#20 2 months ago
  21. Red Demon

My bad couldn’t find editing on vg247. but ment to say this
    “Create something Exciting like last year E3 that had the fans excited and not this bullshit presentation.” I hope that they are just teasing fans.

#21 2 months ago
  22. dazedonthemoon

I’m not even going to play devil’s advocate here, fuck you Square. Another year goes by and you can’t show us a little more progress? I don’t need to hear your PR bullshit saying it’s going along nicely. Your studio and a lot of other Japanese studios are fucking up something fierce, completely jaded and unprofessional compared to American and European top studios. You used to be on top but you churn out shit games fast and spend ridiculous amounts of times on the games people actually want and then act like everything is fine. And you probably will show it at TGS, because its Japan and you could give one big shit about the rest of the world. Seriously making me want to by these games used from Gamestop so you see absolutely no profit, you bastards.

AAAHHHGGGG ok. -rant over-

#22 2 months ago
  23. FBSKing

Why? then for what they showed at E3 last year, this will be delayed until the next next gen? is not a good thing. Well, if this is delayed, there is something else to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTYM2I6Ut2g

#23 2 months ago
  24. Astral Frost

I have been exceptionally patient, and to see that FFXV is not being shown this year is very disturbing indeed. Oh well. I will continue to be patient knowing that the game is in fact coming out.

#24 2 months ago