Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is coming. We’re compiling every rumour, fact, screenshot, tweet, trailer and sniff of information about the project from the day it was revealed until it launches in 2015. We must be mad, but you know you love it.
We’ll be updating this page regularly with every new Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes fact, rumour, screen and trailer that emerges. So to stay up to date with the game’s progress from now until release, bookmark this page.
We’re aware you’re not fans of too many page breaks but I’m splitting this up to make the list easier on those viewing on phones. It’s seriously getting ludicrous in length, so here’s a contents guide so you can quickly jump around to find the biggest Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes news. If you have suggestions on the format, please let me know in the comments. Remember: I’m doing this for you guys!
- Page 1: The Phantom Pain E3 2014 trailer (you’re on it!)
- Page 2: Ground Zeroes reviews, walkthrough guide, PC version and censorship
- Page 3: Ground Zeroes format comparison video, ditched movie filter, comparisons to MGS 4
- Page 4: Quiet PlayArts figure, Ground Zeroes achievements, Phantom Pain 100x bigger than Ground Zeroes
- Page 5: Keifer Sutherland is Snake, Kojima accepts inevitable plot inconsistencies, Ground Zeroes was almost PSP game
- Page 6: The Phantom Pain TGS gameplay trailer series, Kojima past ‘photo-realistic’ images
- Page 7: Controversy over Quiet’s character design, 12-minute Phantom Pain gameplay clip
- Page 8: New Metal Gear Online confirmed, Troy Baker as Ocelot, Extended E3 2013 Phantom Pain trailer
- Page 9: Phantom Pain GDC tech demo, Phantom Pain GDC trailer, Hospital gameplay video
- Page 10: Geoff Keighly interviews ‘Joakim Mogren,’ VG247 interviews Hideo Kojima, Kojima scans his lunch into FOX Engine
- Page 11: Moby Dick Studios posts Phantom Pain screens, Phantom Pain VGA trailer & analysis, official Ground Zeroes reveal
It’s here! The official Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain trailer leaked ahead of the E3 2014 conferences, and it’s all rather dark. Check it out through the link above.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will be at E3 2014, and press are being invited to see it running behind closed doors. Kojima has shed some light on the footage, and has also dropped details of the game’s new trailer.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will be shown via a new trailer at E3 next week, so Hideo Kojima decided to get the hype train rolling by streaming some live gameplay on a PlayStation 4. Salivating yet? Good. Grab a napkin and head below.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes previously platform-exclusive DLC packs have gone free and multi-format as of today.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes has shipped over 1 million copies worldwide, Konami has announced. The figure isn’t copies sold, but how many units have been sent to retail, which is why digital figures weren’t mentioned.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes publisher Konami has rolled out a making-of video that shows Kojima Productions implemented its new tech, utilised motion capture and more to make the prologue’s visuals sing.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes has been censored in Japan, following a decision by the nation’s game rating board CERO.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes is a tricky one to peg down. Is is a prologue or demo, and is the boxed code actually worth £30 on PS4 & Xbox One? Gamers have asked Dave Cook many questions about Kojima’s latest this week. Here are the answers
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes released today in North America, and Konami has sent over the launch trailer for the precursor to The Phantom Pain.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes reviews are spreading like gunfire in a rain-swept base, and we’ve got some raw gameplay footage for you to check out. Watch as Dave Cook infiltrates Camp Omega, knocks out some fools and gets very wet indeed.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.