UPDATE: Watch Dogs bugs aren’t linked to Uplay rewards, says Ubisoft

Thursday, 5th June 2014 11:37 GMT By Dave Cook

Watch Dogs is suffering a string of technical issues apparently linked to Ubisoft’s Uplay service, which, according to publisher Ubisoft is not actually the case.

watch_dogs_ps4_2

UPDATE: Speaking with Eurogamer, a Ubisoft rep said, “The Watch Dogs team is aware of this problem and is working to find a fix for the players it affects. The issue is not specifically related to Uplay Rewards, and we’re doing our best to find a solution.

“In the meantime, players can submit a ticket at support.ubi.com if they are encountering this issue.”

We’ll keep a eye on these issues as they develop.

ORIGINAL STORY: It follows our early report back when all of this began, following claims that Uplay is causing Watch Dogs PC to crash out to the user’s desktop unexpectedly.

But now the issue seems to be running much deeper, as suggested by this large thread on the official Ubisoft forum, in which gamers have stated that unlocking Uplay reward content can cause problems in the full game on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Eurogamer has trawled the thread and found that the Gold D50 gun is causing problems when unlocked over Uplay:

Watch Dogs

The site adds that after unlocking the weapon, Watch Dogs saves will boot up to around 90% before locking, at which point the user will be kicked back to the main menu.

Over on Twitter, Ubisoft Montreal acknowledged the matter and stressed that it’s looking into a fix:

Have you encountered this issue yet? Let us know below.

1. Dave Cook

I just ignore Uplay. Never used it. Anyone else?

#1 2 months ago
  2. CyberMarco

@Dave Cook Me too! xD

On a serious note, the game isn’t even 10 days old and they already released DLC for it.

Fix the damn game first.

#2 2 months ago
  3. Ekona

I’ve used it for a couple of goodies in the AC games, but nothing of note. Got hundreds of points spare now.

#3 2 months ago
  4. Dave Cook

@CyberMarco It doesn’t look good does it?

#4 2 months ago
  5. mongbatstar

Holy F******* S***! is that Blade Runner DLC? I didn’t even know I wanted that!

#5 2 months ago
  6. Iliad

It’s not just the gun. I’ve unlocked all rewards except the gun (last week – because gold guns just look so shit), then on Monday evening the loading bug hit.

#6 2 months ago
  7. AmiralPatate

Used Uplay to download Blood Dragon’s main theme. That’s about the only positive interaction I had with it. Dat track though.

#7 2 months ago
  8. Darkfield

@Dave Cook Thank Odin that uplay is not implemented in Ghost Recon Phantoms.

#8 2 months ago
  9. theduckofdeath

I can’t load passed 90% when starting a new game.

#9 2 months ago
  10. YoungZer0

@Dave Cook

How can you ignore Uplay if it’s an integrated part of the game?

#10 2 months ago
  11. Darkfield

@YoungZer0 by not getting any games coming from Ubi!

#11 2 months ago
  12. Sethos

I haven’t been able to play online since launch, because it tells me that I’m behind a NAT each time I want to matchmake. However I’m on a modem with route function turned off so there’s nothing blocking it. Apparently I’m not the only one.

First “NAT” problem I’ve had in 5 years.

POS game.

#12 2 months ago
  13. Tormenter

Never have, never will, Dave.

#13 2 months ago
  14. Tormenter

@YoungZer0

By being really good at computers. :o

#14 2 months ago
  15. The_Red

Ubi: This shitty, broken and hated service that we have is TOTALLY not behind the problem even though uPlay is still mandatory and why the hell PC gamers don’t like us anymore?

#15 2 months ago
  16. djriful

I have Gold D5 unlocked, no problem running the game.

#16 2 months ago
  17. JabBauer

It’s absolutely linked to the D50. I’ve been playing the game for two weeks and decided to unlock the D50 just a few hours ago. Now I can’t play the game for 5 minutes without it locking up. Damnit UBI!

#17 2 months ago