Xbox One’s June update is out now, what’s new?

Wednesday, 4th June 2014 08:54 GMT By Dave Cook

Microsoft has rolled out the Xbox One’s June update along with a trailer outlining all of the new changes, such as external storage support.

xboxoneblack

It follows Xbox community man Larry ‘Major Nelson’ Hryb discussing just how much external storage Xbox One can take. If accurate it sounds rather versatile. What do you think?

Here’s the update trailer in full:

Nelson wrote in his latest blog, “The Xbox team has been hard at work on delivering the new capabilities we recently announced for fans, including highly anticipated Xbox One features like external storage, the ability to use your real name on Xbox Live, and improved SmartGlass integration.

“Both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 system updates will begin rolling out globally this week, giving fans more ways than ever to enjoy the best in gaming and entertainment with Xbox.”

He added that starting with this update, all apps across Xbox One and 360, including Twitch, HBO GO, and Hulu Plus will be free to all non-Xbox Live Gold subscribers. Bye-bye paywall.

North American users can also look forward to a free three-month Hulu trial starting in “coming days.”

Finally, Games with Gold has launched on Xbox One, starting with free downloads of Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault. Let us know if you check them out.

That’s yer lot. Satisfied, or are you thirsty for more?

1. bradk825

So did GWG just launch last night then? I had checked a couple days ago and the games hadn’t been put up for free yet. I do plan on getting them both, and eventually putting down Watch Dogs for a bit to try them.

#1 7 months ago
  2. Doppleganger

Features I can care less about. What happened to the guid support for Canada users which was said to be released this month? Also DLNA support would be nice too.

#2 7 months ago
  3. mightyhokie

Damn! Fantastic update. I gotta say my XO keeps getting better and better.

#3 7 months ago
  4. CyberMarco

Does this update enable that hidden chip that will boost the performance of the console? :P

#4 7 months ago
  5. thesnowman

I attempted to download the GWG last night, but would hit 99% download and stall, however woke up this morning and they were both downloaded and ready to play. Overall a good update, however now give me HBO Go and 3D Blu-Ray support. Rediculous that I have to keep my ps3 around to play 3d movies, when my all in one entertainment hub wont (same goes for PS4).

#5 7 months ago
  6. bigpoop

@thesnowman your wish was granted :)

#6 7 months ago
  7. Doppleganger

They did add one guide support in Canada ! I love how they don’t say it anywhere. No love for Canada :(
    Anyway I absolutely love my xbox one right now and it works fantastic! Just need DLNA support so I can get rid of my WD TV and we have our selves the best all in one device ever existed

#7 7 months ago