Microsoft wishes Sony a good E3 2014

Wednesday, 4th June 2014 09:31 GMT By Dave Cook

E3 2014 is next week. No really, it’s that time again, and Microsoft’s Phil Spencer has wishes his company’s greatest rival well through all that transpires. Aww.

phil spencer new mugshot

Speaking of the show, here’s our list of the top 28 most-anticipated games of E3 2014. Do you agree with the list?

Here’s Spencer on Twitter, chucking some good feels at Sony:

When Spencer was informed that Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter had some pretty limp predictions for Microsoft’s pre-show conference, he replied:

Finally, some words of confidence:

All of the big E3 2014 conferences are taking place on Monday. Find out how you can watch all of them live right here.

Via DualShockers.

1. Joe Musashi

He’s good at this side of his job.

JM

#1 4 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

Can you feel the love?

#2 4 months ago
  3. Erthazus

I will feel it after MS Press Conference. It is going to be interesting to see what MS are going to offer at it’s E3.

IMO, Sony’s God Of War ain’t going to cut it.

#3 4 months ago
  4. The_Red

I’m starting to like Phil. While he still looks like somewhat smug-ish, pretty much everything he has said and done has been the absolute opposite of previous exec team (The Mattrick squad).

Seeing how EVERYTHING Mattrick and his loonies said and did was unbelievably dumb and wrong, I think Phil is on the right path. Looking forward to MS Conference.

#4 4 months ago
  5. LisciousOne

About the only MS employee that doesn’t make me cringe when he speaks. This just might be the guy to turn XB brand around

#5 4 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

Much more nicer than what they said last year…

I should give it time tho, for someone else in MS to get nasty.

#6 4 months ago
  7. fengato

The real shame was that Phil wasn’t in charge when the hardware was still in the oven. Oh well.

#7 4 months ago
  8. polygem

$$$AAAWW…$$$

#8 4 months ago
  9. JonFE

The amount of XBox one information already announced merely days before this year’s E3, makes me feel really intrigued about what else they might have in store… Can they make a swift comeback after last year’s TV-TV-TV chant?

#9 4 months ago
  10. bradk825

He’s got class. He resisted calling Pach a douche which isn’t easy. Especially since the guy is kind of a douche, lol.

#10 4 months ago
  11. fearmonkey

I have to say I like Phil, he has really turned around my opinion on MS after Don “Let them eat 360″ left. I much prefer this type of behavior rather than smug or cocky word play from game companies. All three big console companies have been humbled, Sony with the PS3, Nintendo with the Wii-u, and MS with the Xbox One. It’s nice to see competition more civilized.

#11 4 months ago
  12. Mr Sparkle

Sometimes it feels like Phil Spencer is the only good thing going at Microsoft.

#12 4 months ago
  13. RussellGorall

I used to really hate this guy. It is hard to stop, but he is doing a good PR job. Reminds me of how terrible Don Mattrick whatnot was at PR.

#13 4 months ago
  14. unknown_gamer

Phil : “I know I’m desperate to win the competition so i got 1 billion dollar from Mr.bill to get some of that 3rd party sweetness and moneyhat it just to hide my weakness ”

Well there you have it people , M$ are officially going to monopolize the industry with their unstoppable fortune

#14 4 months ago
  15. Tormenter

They lost the console war and this is them trying to be magnanimous…

I wonder what their attitude would have been like if it had been Sony who were the also-rans.

#15 4 months ago
  16. ysleiro

@Tormenter Lost the console war?????

Consoles haven’t even been out for a year. Consoles aren’t even out worldwide.

STFU.