Need to know more about Gauntlet’s weapons? You better axe somebody!

Wednesday, 4th June 2014 16:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Gauntlet has a new video available showing off the Relics system, which allows players to acquire new abilities and unleash ancient powers.

This isn’t the same Gauntlet your big brother played down the arcade in 1985. Or maybe it was you. I have no idea how old you are, and I have no need to know.

In development from the same folks who brought you Magicka, the zany game full of trigger happy wizards, Arrowhead Games Studio has modernized the Atari staple with local and online four-player.

Gauntlet is a top down hack-n-slash adventure with the Warrior, Valkyrie, Wizard and Elf exploring a dungeon filled with wonders and hordes of monsters.

It is now available for pre-purchase on Steam and scheduled for a September 3 release.

1. Gheritt White

Out of ten, how much fun did you have writing that title, Steph?

#1 7 months ago
  2. Obernox

Ha! i get it.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Stephany Nunneley

@Gheritt White I honestly cannot take credit for it. Matt deserves it. :D I wanted to use some Conan quote, but I couldn’t make it short enough. I love Conan.

#3 7 months ago
  4. ManuOtaku

i hope the action fight mechanics are like the ones on Diablo 3, man i do love diablo 3, probably my best game of past gen.

#4 7 months ago
  5. silkvg247

Still not getting the impression the devs even played the originals.

Hint: Volume of monsters fill the screen. And need food badly.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

I dunno. I still think it looks fun. As long as I have someone to play it with I will try it out. But nobody wants to play with me *sobs*

#6 7 months ago
  7. Darkfield

@Stephany Nunneley I will play it with you, no problem. I hope you’re not like Pat though, we were supposed to play Diablo 3 and haven’t seen him play anything ever since :D

#7 7 months ago