You won’t be able to play Batman: Arkham Knight until next year

Tuesday, 3rd June 2014 14:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Batman: Arkham Knight has been delayed into 2015 in order to make it the “best possible experience,” according to RockSteady.

Speaking at a press event with The Escapist, Guy Perkins said with such as “super ambitious project” in development, more time is needed.

“We just want to make the best experience we possibly can and we need more time to do that,” said Perkins. “I think what we’ve shown so far is a super ambitious project and we just want to make sure we are giving Batman fans and gamers the best Batman experience that we can possibly deliver and that just takes time.

“I think we would be doing fans a disservice if we didn’t spend the time on the title. We just want it to be really great.”

Batman: Arkham Knight was originally slated for release later this year on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

To make the wait even more painful, here’s a video of the Batmobile you’ll eventually be able to drive.

1. Mike W

smh

#1 5 months ago
  2. Game Hunter

Yep.give people more time to upgrade to next Gen.I won’t do it until next year when I go to college.

#2 5 months ago
  3. Patrick Garratt

Seen a few people saying this is going to stop them upgrading. Batman, eh?

#3 5 months ago
  4. Dark

Destiny is next :P

#4 5 months ago
  5. undermyrules

not surprised at all

#5 5 months ago
  6. Patrick Garratt

@Dark Bloody hope not.

#6 5 months ago
  7. matirishhh

There is only one thing to be said about this…. – http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll55ogGOVS1qba0x1.gif

#7 5 months ago
  8. Patrick Garratt

@matirishhh :D

#8 5 months ago
  9. jomac3db

Wth. Don’t expect to play anything until 2015

#9 5 months ago
  10. Erthazus

lol. this is retarded. Too many games delayed in 2015 already. MGSV, Witcher 3, Batman.

That is not very good imo.

#10 5 months ago
  11. silverstorm

Fuck next gen. PC it is.

#11 5 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

I’m not going to repeat myself.

However, I didn’t call this one getting delayed. Okay Destiny is definitely next.

#12 5 months ago
  13. Legendaryboss

@Erthazus MGS 5

#13 5 months ago
  14. Legendaryboss

@13 I don’t know what happened, but MGS 5 was never delayed. It doesn’t even have a date.

#14 5 months ago
  15. matirishhh

@Patrick Garratt ;)

#15 5 months ago
  16. Takeshi

God fucking God. Don’t say October 14 2014 unless you’re fucking sure..

#16 5 months ago
  17. Homer2014

the list is growing

Batman Arkham Knight
    Dying Light
    Halo 5 Guardians
    Hellraid
    Mad Max
    Quantum Break
    The Order 1886
    The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
    Tom Clancy’s The Division

#17 5 months ago
  18. The_Red

There you go. Might as well cancel 2014 and get on with it.
    Seriously, is there a single decent game left outside generic FPS sequels and MMOs?

#18 5 months ago
  19. Mike W

@Homer2014

It’s a shame really, which means if they keep pushing the titles that was suppose to come out this year back until next year…..the “new” titles that are suppose come out next year is going to be pushed back until 2016.

It’s just one endless cycle of delaying shit for no reason.

#19 5 months ago
  20. Mike W

@The_Red

Dragon Age: Inquisition and maybe Lords of Fallen.

But don’t hold your breath, game publishers/developers are infamous of delaying a game a week or a month before the title is suppose to be release…..just look at Watch Dogs.

#20 5 months ago
  21. Erthazus

@Legendaryboss You are right but MGSV won’t come in 2014. That’s for sure. It’s going to be 2015.

I eam come on. My wallet is full of tears.

#21 5 months ago
  22. CyberMarco

And some people thought that the PS4 and XB1 weren’t rushed as fuck.

Well, it’s a win-win in my book since I don’t plan on getting a PS4 until late 2015 maybe 2016. Thanks for beta testing again! :)

#22 5 months ago
  23. TD_Monstrous69

I won’t lie, I am genuinely shocked. I mean, the thought of “no way this makes 2014″ did stick in the back of my mind when 1st announced, but I didn’t actually think it’d happen, considering WB Games had basically pushed most of their lineup out of 2014 for (what I assumed) was this. Oh well, at least it’s nice to know I’ve already paid for 1/4 or 1/3 of my games lineup for 2015, with this (Batman Arkham Knight), The Witcher 3, and The Order: 1886 all being pushed to 2015. Though it’s probably for the best, because I’d rather a developer take their time, and produce the best game possible than rush out half-baked shit on a Blu-Ray disc (or download) attempting to cash-in on a name-sake. That, and this coming fall, I already have 4-5 games to split my time in between school and work, at best, I probably wouldn’t have gotten the chance to really try this till winter break.

#23 5 months ago
  24. ManuOtaku

Well this situation might help the wiiu. Nintendo should been taken advantadge of this situation with heavy advertisement of their strong games, bundles with a good price factor, etc. They should handle it from the point of view of a worth second console to get with good games to play.

But related to this news is sad i hope sunset overdrive, destiny and shadow of mordor can survive this pandemic.

#24 5 months ago
  25. Edo

Oh for fuck sake………………………………….

#25 5 months ago
  26. The_Red

@Mike W
    Good call on Lords of Fallen.
    I like the visuals of DA3 but pretty much most recent BioWare games have disappointed me.

#26 5 months ago
  27. NocturnalB

Damn, Batman was easily my most anticipated game for this year.. I’m happy to hear it will get that much more fine tuning and polish, but damn. 2014 Is pretty much out the window at this point.

#27 5 months ago
  28. CrazyDave

Order 1886 postponed, DriveClub might be postponed again til 2020. Now this.
    What do PS4 gamers have to look forward to??!

#28 5 months ago
  29. Dave Cook

Put it this way: do you want a potentially flawed game now or a polished functional one later? It’s your money after all.

#29 5 months ago