Everything you need to know about the leaked Battlefield Hardline trailer

Wednesday, 28th May 2014 11:26 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield Hardline’s debut trailer leaked online and then got pulled, but not before we wrote down everything for your convenience.

It follows my blog on why Battlefield Hardline’s switch away from military warfare is the boost the Battlefield series needs.

Battlefield Hardline – Real Gameplay by Xboxygen

Thanks Xboxygen.

In case this gets taken down by EA, I’ve had a look at the clip and noted some key points. First up, the voice over states that you can either be a good cop or serve yourself, which suggests there will be some kind of moral branch in the campaign.

Multiplayer

Multiplayer was also mentioned, starting with a clip of players zip-lining from one rooftop to another, and one guy even slides right into a vent shaft. There’s a zip-line gun that can be used to scale sheer walls, mention of a hostage rescue mode as SWAT, and bank heists as the criminals.

Heist Mode was named, and it sees player robbing a bank vault while the cops do everything in their power to block their escape. Rescue Mode sees SWAT players moving in to rescue hostages during a robbery gone wrong. Hotwire Mode involves cops pursuing robbers in a car chase, while their passengers shoot at each other across the wide terrain.

Bloodmoney Mode sees cops and criminals fighting over a huge pile of cash before taking it back to their safehouse. Planes and parachutes were seen it the multiplayer clip.

Battlefield_hardline

Campaign

The protagonist is Nick Mendoza (seen above), a young Miami detective who finds himself facing a personal dilemma of right and wrong. He goes across the US tracking his former partner to seek revenge, possibly concerning the $9.1 million worth of cocaine they find in the trailer.

Hardline’s plot will feature crooked cops, gangsters and twisted billionaires. It was written by members of the Justified and House of Cards crew, and each mission will end on cliffhangers like a TV show. They can be played multiple times in multiple ways for different results.

The trailer says that Hardline’s environments are the biggest yet, and feature Levolution effects from Battlefield 4. Weapons include tazers, sawn-off shotguns, a police-scanner device that reveals cluse and information in the world. Nick can bring in secondary criminals to earn money to unlock new guns.

In multiplayer, zip-lines and grappling hooks can be used on every map and whenever you choose.

We’ve got grabs from the leaked trailer below, since it’s been pulled. What do you think?

Via BF Hardline.

1. matirishhh

Looks good, way better then new Call of Duty…

#1 2 months ago
  2. Luciferous

I’m down for the singleplayer, looks groovy.

#2 2 months ago
  3. Rosseu

I’m not a fan of FPS and I’ve never played any Battlefield game, only CoDs which I feel is very generic and boring, but this has got me interested.

#3 2 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

So thats either PS3 or PS4 gameplay, see weaponry menu. In any case thats certainly a very different Battlefield experience than before, which means i might buy into the premise.

#4 2 months ago
  5. domnage

You know what? I actually like what I see ova here…

#5 2 months ago
  6. 0ldsnake1

Video’s down !

#6 2 months ago
  7. YoungZer0

@0ldsnake1 http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/05/battlefield-hardline-codename-omaha.html

#7 2 months ago
  8. Xbone

Waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiit a second. This is gonna be an episodic game? Cause it sounded like with the emphasis on Omaha.

#8 2 months ago
  9. mamu-ti

Meh

#9 2 months ago
  10. Legendaryboss

Not really each story mission takes inspiration on “episodic tv shows.” However, i do see the season pass taking inspiration from this concept for any story DLC.

With the way they emphasised and ended on Omaha, I’m surprised they didn’t name Battlefield: Omaha.

#10 2 months ago
  11. LisciousOne

I really hope that those graphics are from last-gen. Other than that I’m sold.

#11 2 months ago
  12. YoungZer0

Such an interesting and great concept, wasted on some of the most bland and boring environments. Wish they would’ve the “balls” to do something set in europe for once.

#12 2 months ago
  13. Erthazus

It looks amazing but is this a standalone?

I don’t get it. Counter-Strike:Battlefield edition.

#13 2 months ago
  14. fengato

Can’t wait – love BF gunplay, though a bit tired of military shooters. If Destiny doesn’t deliver I think this might be my game of the year.

#14 2 months ago
  15. Erthazus

So it’s not made by DICE? =/

Man… That is disturbing. Not sure if Want but will follow this.

#15 2 months ago
  16. jorooo

You can watch the trailer here: http://nl.ign.com/news/9294/eerste-details-nieuwe-battlefield-gevonden

#16 2 months ago
  17. Dog4life

Interesting title.

But really , hope these screenshots are from last gen. The weapons models look so much inferior to BF4!

#17 2 months ago
  18. jorooo

You can watch the trailer on IGN! http://nl.ign.com/news/9294/eerste-details-nieuwe-battlefield-gevonden

#18 2 months ago
  19. Dave Cook

@jorooo Thanks, but we have it up top.

#19 2 months ago
  20. POOhead

first person army of 2, campaign cutscenes are terrible, some animations are bad but game has bank heist so it must be good

#20 2 months ago
  21. kyr95

Interesting concept, and the new gadgets in multiplayer soun very good, glad to see that both cod and bf are trying to innovate the franchises this year.

#21 2 months ago
  22. CyberMarco

So it’s Battlefield: Hawai 5-0. :P

Is it only PS4/XB1/PC or PS360 too?

#22 2 months ago
  23. Legendaryboss

Cross-gen.

#23 2 months ago
  24. jomac3db

@LisciousOne I was thinking the same thing. That doesn’t look next gen at all

#24 2 months ago
  25. YoungZer0

@Erthazus Maybe that means that it will work this time?

#25 2 months ago
  26. Legendaryboss

Oh ho ho :cool: :lol: :D

#26 2 months ago
  27. wickedcricket

ughh so wait a minute suddenly yesterday a flood of acid hate flame and today rainbow of love and enthusiasm towards BF: Tactical Intervention ?

#27 2 months ago
  28. MidlifeAxe

@POOhead

It’s an internal video of, more than likely, an alpha state of the game never meant to be shown to the public so don’t make all your judgement of animations and what not solely on this video.

#28 2 months ago
  29. lubu

yeah, all i wanted in my life was another shitty battlefield mess

#29 2 months ago
  30. Reddpayn

@matirishhh
    Dont know about that, because cod MIGHT be different to its predecessors, but this looks like the same, with counterstriky feel to it. Im still excited and hoping that this game would have splitscreen, cause this looks like it would also have a smaller playercount than 64

#30 2 months ago
  31. Os Money

Here’s another link for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycfOz2ROQ54

#31 2 months ago
  32. Os Money

Would much rather have a payday 3, but maybe this will wet my appetite until then. Will also wait for reviews so I’m not walking into a POS like i did with bf4. (Yes I know different developer, but its the same engine unless I missed that somewhere + its EA were talking bout here folks).

#32 2 months ago
  33. GrimRita

EA leaked their own trailer? I’m certain I saw a tweet or something about it from their very own account yesterday.

#33 2 months ago
  34. lubu

@Os Money
    wait for indie reviews or people reviews not gaming sites. they gave BF4 9s and 10s but the game was and still is a mess. reviews were great but the game ? NO, so don’t bother with those reviews

#34 2 months ago
  35. kisame

i will pirate this with all my heart and you shall do the same stop this crap
    at first there was no modding support ok we deal with dlc then they release an unfinished game with clear focus on urban warfare BF4 and now this crap im done with you EA f… OFF

#35 2 months ago
  36. Os Money

@lubu

User reviews are about the only reviews I put faith into anymore. “Game sites” for the most part give BS reviews. So when I say reviews; that’s what I mean :)

#36 2 months ago
  37. Legendaryboss

Worried about the quality of the footage that leaked out? Someone from Visceral Games has clarified by claiming that the footage leaked was for “internal use” and is 6 months old.

#37 2 months ago