Zelda-themed brawler Hyrule Warriors being co-developed by Ninja Gaiden team

Tuesday, 20th May 2014 14:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive developers Team Ninja are working alongside Omega Force on The Legends of Zelda-themed brawler Hyrule Warriors.

hyrule warriors

The announcement was made in the latest issue of Famitsu magazine.

Hisashi Koinuma and Yosuke Hayasahi are producers and Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma is supervising the project.

As Siliconera points out, it’s unknown at this time whether Team Ninja’s role expands beyond Hayashi’s involvement.

In the brawler, Zelda has been kidnapped by a witch named Shea and Link sets out to rescue her.

Hyrule Warriors releases in Japan on August 14 on Wii U, and while a localization is definitely in the works, the western release date hasn’t been announced.

1. foofly

This could be one to watch.

#1 7 months ago
  2. OlderGamer

shamelessly ,I am very excited to get this game.

#2 7 months ago
  3. Joe Musashi

Boob physics.

JM

#3 7 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

August? Roughly 3 months away and there’s still nothing? Nintendo – the stealth marketeers.

I still haven’t seen a big push for Mario Kart 8 over here, in stores etc.

#4 7 months ago
  5. YoungZer0

@Legendaryboss

You mean “No marketeers”, right?

#5 7 months ago
  6. POOhead

does look good like

#6 7 months ago
  7. ManuOtaku

Looks great, hope it is good, will get it as a zelda and dinasty warriors fan, and knowing it will have a touch of dead or alive or ninja gaiden, makes my interest go higher.

#7 7 months ago
  8. salarta

So, with Bayonetta 2 and X, this makes for the third upcoming Wii U game I care about enough that it makes me actually want a Wii U. Super Smash Bros used to be included until the crap they decided to pull with Samus in that game. Only need two more games before I’m willing to buy a Wii U, though I might be generous and include Super Mario 3D World in that number.

#8 7 months ago
  9. Gheritt White

Seriously though, who gives a FUCK about Zelda games?

Apart from rapists and paedophiles, I mean.

#9 7 months ago
  10. polygem

@Gheritt White

#10 7 months ago
  11. Gheritt White

@polygem ;)

#11 7 months ago
  12. polygem

it seems like there are indeed words now that aren´t allowed to post anymore, banned words?one of my posts didn´t show up again. i tried to say that i really miss the humor of a guy named madan (or voldemort?)
    miss that stuff, often was a good reality check in this nerdrage circus show.

#12 7 months ago
  13. Sam Malik

@salarta What crap about Samus? Please don’t tell me that you are gonna complain about her figure…

#13 7 months ago
  14. Stephany Nunneley

@polygem There are no word filters, promise. You can curse up a storm, shout, whatever.

The only thing you can’t post without being filtered as spam, is anything to do with a certain family member making buttloads of money working from home, or how you sell designer shoes and handbags for half the cost you’d find at retail.

See, I had to be careful myself not to trigger it :D :D

#14 7 months ago
  15. polygem

@Stephany Nunneley

ok, thanks for sharing that info.

BUT, i am pretty sure that the word DaMa(x) – you know who – he who must not be named (unfortunately) really does not work. I was able to post after changing it and monkeygourmet too. So is it a spam and a MaDan filter?

#15 7 months ago