26 particularly rad photos of EA’s Peter Moore

Friday, 16th May 2014 08:16 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Here’s 26 of Brenna’s favourite pictures of EA executive Peter Moore, occasionally with bare arms, and frequently cracking a devilish grin.

When you spend a lot of time reading, writing and thinking about the games industry you start to tell yourself little stories in your head about the people involved. You start to feel like you know them personally. You groan aloud when someone boring gets hold of the mic at an investor briefing. You cheer when your favourites go indie.

My favourite games industry executive is EA chief operating officer Peter Moore. Here’s a picture of Peter being very emotive. I like him because he’s so genuine. You can tell this is heartfelt because he’s feeling his actual heart. Ergo.

Peter Moore had our vote to follow John Riccitiello as CEO. He had plenty of experience running EA Sports before he became COO – which, you’ll note, is what Andrew Wilson was doing before he got the top job.

In this picture, Peter’s doing “slightly startled sincerity”. Probably explaining that he didn’t actually want to be CEO because the share holders yell at you and you can’t go around saying really funny shit in interviews, which is one of Peter’s hobbies.

peter_moore_2

One time Peter came to Australia but for various reasons I couldn’t go interview him. It’s kind of my dream to interview Peter over a few beers. (Snez, if you’re reading this, I’m not joking. Make it happen.) “Peter,” I’d say. “I forgive you for axing the Dreamcast. I know it was Sega of Japan’s fault. I’m sorry you had to be that guy. Who is your favourite Mass Effect romance.”

In this one Peter pulling a slightly unfortunate face that sort of makes him look as if he’s saying “Really? Really? You even have to ask? Of course it’s Liara! That’s canon, Brenna, just as you always suspected.”

peter_moore_3

Here’s Peter smiling in front of some sports. Unlike many Peter Moore photos, this one is large enough to use as a desktop background!! I have verified this. Twice. I have two monitors.

Peter Moore of EA Game Photo: Alex Washburn / Wired

Below, Peter’s doing a gesture which will be appreciated by high-powered go-getting executive type and also the youf. Peter is a man of the people, no matter who the people are.

peter_moore_5

This is one of my favourite photos of Peter Moore because it’s quite candid. The executive has been surprised and hasn’t had time to put his photo face on. Also it’s an all new angle. If you looked at this out of context, you might not even realise this is Peter! And that’s the story of how Peter infiltrated a foreign embassy, stole all their blueprints and escaped via a laundry chute and a daring car chase. In my fanfic.

peter_moore_6

This is a very common picture of Peter Moore in which he cracks his trademark grin and, thanks to some well-chosen red accents, looks particularly Satanic, a thing I greatly appreciate in my friends and compatriots ever since a man at a party told me I had “one of those pointy Disney villain faces, like Jafar”. Internet wits often draw horns and a tail on this one when they’re pointing out how EA is teh debbil.

peter_moore_7

The next few images have a theme and also are horribly low res, so I’ve put them in a little gallery. First, there’s a picture of Peter wearing a tattoo to celebrate the launch of Halo 2. We think it’s fake. But then, we see him with it again, and he’s wearing a different shirt. How long do transfers last?

Later, Peter with another gaming tattoo, only this one is pretty obviously fake. Or real, but then coloured over with a gel sharpie? Just look at the next photo. It’s rubbish. There’s no way it’s real. You can’t fool me, Peter. (Please try.)

Now here’s one of Peter being on brand without actually painting the brands on his body. This was a major step forward for his executive career! This photo was on my HDD (*cough*) and TinEye turned up no results and then I got bored of researching and went looking for more photos of Peter instead, so if you own it, please let us know so we can credit appropriately!

peter_moore_8

IGN took this one of Peter in SERIOUS FACE MODE. Sports are SERIOUS. Engage SERIOUS FACE MODE. The burly men will be EVEN MORE BURLY this year. Do you ever look at our industry and think about nuclear apocalypse? I do. If it weren’t for the thought of rad dudes like Peter Moore I’d probably give into the urgings of my hellish genetics and waken the world serpent.

peter_moore_9

Click through for 13 more photos of Peter Moore looking exceptionally rad.

1. Joe Musashi

You just know Peter pulls off a killer Ming The Merciless at the EA Halloween fancy dress bash.

JM

#1 4 months ago
  2. Fin

NEW ARTICLE IDEA:

26 Particularly AWESOME Photos of JASON STATHAM

#2 4 months ago
  3. Fin

Actually, every photo of JASON STATHAM is awesome, so there’s no need to have it in the title of the article.

#3 4 months ago
  4. Joe Musashi

Ah, but which is dreamier? Statham or Fassbender?

JM

#4 4 months ago
  5. celery7

Apparently Peter only communicates through messages written upon his torso these days, the chest is for family, biceps for workmates, thighs are for sport buds and ass for his sworn enemies and love rivals.

#5 4 months ago
  6. salarta

This is an odd article. I’m not sure what to think of it. It’s definitely not something I expect to see on a site that focuses on video game news. It feels inappropriate and bizarre in the specific context of this site (as opposed to in the context of a personal blog, where it’d seem fine to me), but I can’t quite put my finger on the best explanation.

#6 4 months ago
  7. Patrick Garratt

@celery7 Did you know his dad owned the Red Lion in Marford?

#7 4 months ago
  8. celery7

@Patrick Garratt Really? Presumably not at the time we were making ourselves unpopular there?

#8 4 months ago
  9. Patrick Garratt

@celery7 Before our time. His sister went to Darland, don’t you know.

#9 4 months ago
  10. Prof.Dr.Moertel

Peter got nothing on my old pal Strauss

#10 4 months ago
  11. psxman

Is everything okay Brenna? Are you alright?

#11 4 months ago
  12. schnide

@salarta

I wholeheartedly agree. Over the past week or two, VG247 has increasingly gone in this direction but if it continues I’ll probably take myself elsewhere for game news now. I imagine it’s an attempt to go for quantity over quality, and drive visits to see the latest new wave of articles – they’re probably trying to differentiate themselves with original content, since NeoGAF is crowdsourcing the actual news these days.

But for me that’s a race to the bottom and it’s the reason I started moving away from Eurogamer too.

#12 4 months ago
  13. Prof.Dr.Moertel

@schnide I agree. VG247 always was “news, no bullshit”. Seems to shift to “news and lots of silly bullshit” lately.

#13 4 months ago
  14. manuel_garcia

I approve of this article 100%. It’s Friday, lighten up. More. Moore.

#14 4 months ago
  15. salarta

@schnide An alternative explanation is that this sort of material could be intended to add a more personal touch to what readers see of the VG247 staff. Some of the writers have been getting a lot of undeserved hatred lately for anything from an opinion piece to simply reporting the news. These kind of articles could be an attempt to remind the hate-fueled idiots that they’re talking about an actual person when they say such things. I remember the old paper magazines I used to buy had staff sections where the writers talked about their favorite hobbies, current games they’re playing, etc.

#15 4 months ago
  16. Brenna Hillier

Oh my god you guys. Look.

#16 4 months ago
  17. salarta

@Brenna Hillier Snaaaaaaaake! It’s a snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

Anyway, congrats on your Peter Moore plug of your Peter Moore article about Peter Moore. :P

#17 4 months ago