Bombshell looks like the female Duke Nukem in this trailer for PS4 & PC

Thursday, 15th May 2014 09:59 GMT By Dave Cook

Bombshell is a brand new, Unreal Engine-powered shooter from original Duke Nukem team 3D Realms and Rise of the Triad rebooters Interceptor Entertainment. It’s coming to PS4 and PC in Q1 2015.

It follows 3D Realms founder George Broussard’s stroke last night, which he documented on Twitter. Our thoughts are with him right now, and we’ll update once there’s an update on his condition.

Here’s the Bombshell trailer:

There’s definitely a cheesy, Far Car 3: Blood Dragon 1980s vibe coming from that trailer. That’s not really a bad thing if you’re into cheesy action flicks and the likes. Bombshell is said to be an action RPG shooter, and as you can see from the screens below, is presented in a top-down manner.

What do you think?

Via Eurogamer.

1. Obernox

90s was an awesome time in my life. Everything was extreme to the max.

#1 4 months ago
  2. Joe Musashi

Yeah, if they’re going for that EXTREME 90s TO THE MAXX vibe, then I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt for now. Otherwise it’s one of the worst reveal trailers I’ve ever seen.

Also, “Prepare your face” has all the trying-too-hard impotence of “John Romero’s going to make you his bitch”.

I’m pretty sure my sperm count lowered from watching that video.

JM

#2 4 months ago
  3. Gheritt White

What I got from the trailer: “CyberBoobs – the Videogame.”

#3 4 months ago
  4. wamp

doesn’t matter. I’ll still tap that …..
    that’s probably what they’re going to, and they got me there ;p

#4 4 months ago
  5. lexph3re

That is some of the worse character design I’ve seen to date. I hope this reveal is just a rough draft

#5 4 months ago
  6. Blackened Halo

it looks like shit

#6 4 months ago
  7. ddtd

It looks like they cut Duke out of the trailer and pasted this new character.

#7 4 months ago
  8. deadstar

Man this makes me miss the 90′s. Loving the “No Fate” Terminator 2 reference. Will probably pick this up on PS4.

#8 4 months ago
  9. salarta

I don’t know what to think about this, at all. I like the idea of a “female Duke Nukem.” However, so far the character doesn’t really feel like one. The video itself feels experimental and lifeless, like it was some person’s demo reel and not an official reveal trailer. I like the design of the character in general, but I’m not sure about the robo arm. One part of me thinks “Hey, an amputee, that adds at least some variation on female characters.” Another thinks “But does this suggest she needs a robo arm to be tough when male characters don’t?” I also wasn’t very keen on the ending vocals. I’m 99% sure that was a blooper, but that means the very first thing we ever hear this character say is mixed in with the voice actress messing around. I think if it was Duke Nukem, they would’ve had him quip something. It’s not a very good impression for introducing a character that we don’t get a glimpse into her personality beyond “she has this physical appearance, rides a motorcycle and drinks Jack Daniels.”

I’ll keep an eye on it, but it could go either way. This could either become the next strong female protagonist that manages to take the place Lara Croft used to have, or a sad and pathetic attempt at being flashy and extreeeeeeeeeeeeme that fails. All signs currently point toward the latter.

#9 4 months ago
  10. fearmonkey

Wasnt this originally a pam anderson baywatch style character? This was supposed to be Duke’s girlfriend in the early days. This idea seems a bit dated to be, we tend to want more from our heroines today.

#10 4 months ago
  11. Isaaclarke37

Looks like CG done for last gen, not cool.

#11 4 months ago