Assassin’s Creed Unity one of two Assassin’s Creed games out this fall

Thursday, 15th May 2014 17:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Assassin’s Creed Unity has been confirmed as a current-gen and PC-only title and is set for a release this fall, Ubisoft announced during its financials this afternoon.

If you look at the financials slide posted below, you’ll notice the game is in development at 10 Ubisoft studios: Montreal, Toronto, Singapore, Quebec, Annecy, Shanghai, Chengdu, Kiev, Montpellier and Bucharest.

Assassin’s Creed Unity is just one game in the series hitting this fall, according to what Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told investors today.

The rumored working title of the other game is Assassin’s Creed Comet  per earlier reports and is in the works to launch alongside Unity on last-gen. It will purportedly put players in the boots of a Templar named Shay.

Ubisoft has yet to confirm the name of the title, but Guillemot said it will release this fall on PS3 and Xbox 360.

acunityplatforms

1. KAP

Ubisoft is killin’ it this year… “let them eat cake” indeed.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Dark

10 hour tutorial confirmed.

#2 6 months ago

*confirmed.

#5 6 months ago
  6. GK

dark-braindead confirmed

#6 6 months ago
  7. dazedonthemoon

Wait… I thought one was last gen and the other was suppose to be next gen only. Gaaaaah Ubisooooooooooooooft!!!

#7 6 months ago
  8. dazedonthemoon

Never mind I got confused by the article stating Unity as current gen meaning next gen. I’m not ready for all this lingo!

#8 6 months ago
  9. Hunam

Can we all agree that PS4/XBO are Next-Gen until the PS3 and 360 have become marginalised consoles and not the more popular as they currently are.

September next year will probably do for the lingo switch-over.

#9 6 months ago
  10. BrokenSpline

@Hunam

#10 6 months ago
  11. YoungZer0

Russian Revolution.

That is all.

Also very unlikely.

#11 6 months ago
  12. TheKingInYellow

@YoungZer0

Ubisoft actually made a VERY cool comic regarding an Assassin right before that time. It was the backstory of the underdeveloped Templar villain in AC3. I thought it was very high quality for a spinoff.

#12 6 months ago
  13. YoungZer0

@TheKingInYellow

I know about that one. Though I have not read the comic myself, It was the reason why I was so interested in this setting in the first place. I don’t think any game has ever tackled that setting. Even most movies don’t.

#13 6 months ago
  14. IntrovertedOne

Considering all the interesting global historical events since the crusades france is a really crappy setting.
    Will they replace the hidden blade with a cigarette lighter?
    How about instead of your brotherhood killing your targets they deliver your letters of surrender…
    Oh and lets not forget ripe cheese and body odor bombs…
    And I can’t wait to lovingly stroke the thick, long body hair of our new female love interest, that’s going to be super sexy.
    I’ve seen lists upon lists of good locations suggested online, ubisoft must have ignored them all and instead asked their daughters where they wanted to go for virtual princess cosplay.

#14 6 months ago
  15. vicrysty

Good news, my favorite franchise. French Revolution as other historical periods so far, is one of the most important pages of universal history. (Very good choice, can not wait to come). I read that the “Comet” would actually spend in ancient Rome. (The most favorite time of universal history for me). But unfortunately they are going to take it out on the old consoles (PS3 & Xbox360). I personally have bought PS4 and I’m not going to go back to the old console. If indeed the “Comet” is in ancient Rome I want to see on the PS4.

#15 6 months ago