The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 isn’t just more of the same; Neocore Games has upped the level cap, added three specialisation trees and put players in command of resistance forces.
The video below runs through the new additions, but here’s a short text rundown of some highlights, too:
- Resistance Management: As their commander, you can give orders to three Resistance captains and send them on various missions. As they progress with their quests, they gather experience and collect loot.
- The Chimera: The Chimera is a powerful beast from the Ink that you can summon in dire situations or send the beast on hunting trips to collect valuable treasure, but beware: you should never let it get hungry.
- Extended Journal: A hunter with so many assignments needs a journal to keep track of his quests, allies and the beasts he has already defeated once.
- Trophy Hall: Any self-respecting hunter enjoys the sight of his hard-earned trophies. They also grant you unique bonuses – but remember: each trophy gives some advantage to your enemies as well.
- Improved Tower Defense: You can easily build various traps with devious upgrades that will defend your Lair against hordes of enemies on seven different Tower-defense maps.
- Runecrafting System: It’s time to spice up your arcane knowledge with Runecrafting, which allows you to enhance or build powerful new equipment.
- Improved Enchanting: Enchanting has become even more powerful with tons of new options to customize your enchantments and the appearance of your items.
For more information on these and others, including multiplayer modes, visit Neocore Games.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 arrives on PC on May 22. Early access is available via the developer’s store.