WildStar open beta starts this week, runs through May 18

Tuesday, 6th May 2014 14:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

WildStar’s open beta will start on Thursday, May 8 and last until May 18. The open beta period runs for 10 days, and has an increased level cap, level 30, with two new abilities and a new ability slot. Tier Points are also available at level 30.WildStar launches June 3, and is now available for pre-order.

1. deathm00n

I have played the other betas and this game can be resumed in one word: boring.

And that’s coming from someone who don’t mind boring MMOs. I would be more happy paying for TESO instead of this.

Choose your faction: fine, at least there is two factions, +1
    Choose your race: “Should I choose the boring human, the space undead, the space draenei… maybe the space gnome!” They all look really good, but I can’t remove the thought from my mind that they based themselfs too much on WoW art style to make this game. The world design is very good, but the characters have an uncanny relation to WoW.
    Choose your class: The classes looks like they are all the same, I often forgot with wich one I was playing with, besides the guy with the sword all the others uses guns.
    Choose your path: Very interesting, until you start the game and it’s just a bunch of quests. I choose adventurer and got walking around quests and horrible climbing quests because the controls aren’t meant for this, the double jump doesn’t help either.

I guess chosing the soldier path must be all about more hunting quests, as if there wasn’t enough of them already. And they show the amount hunted in %, maybe not to scare you about how much monsters you killed without leveling up. In 4 hour of game I must have taken only 3~5 quests that weren’t hunting, the other 30 were.

ALL OVER YOUR FACE INTERFACE, really, at least 80% of the screen were full of windows. For someone used to The Secret World that was horrible.

Lore and plot? I couldn’t get it, because every npc was talking to me at the same time both via text and voiceover. And the voiceover don’t match the text by far. I got confused after the first 5 quests and skipped everything from there on. /sarcasm Choosing the lore collector path must be really fun.

I see this game flopping even earlier than TESO

#1 4 months ago
  2. deathm00n

OMG, I’ve turned into TheWulf. Sorry about that. But yeah, this game got into my nerves, really.

#2 4 months ago
  3. paulinejsmith

➨➨➨➨➨➨
    Online Jobs
    In USA, CANADA, UK, AUSTRALIA
    How to earn 300 us dollar per day its unbelievable but its work Hope to see you around here more often

#3 4 months ago
  4. Luciferous

@deathm00n I kinda enjoyed the bit of the beta i played, going to give the open beta a longer go.

I’ll probably stick with FFXIV

#4 4 months ago
  5. GrimRita

@deathmoon

Its not just the Soldier class. Its questing in general. It’s probably the most generic,pointless shittiest PvE I have seen in an MMO for a very long time. Endless fetching of bear nipples and other piles of crap, fussy UI and many limits at launch in terms of content.

PvP can be a lot of fun – the classes are fun to play and I love the wild west setting, if not the cartoon graphics.

If you survive the starting area without falling asleep thinking ‘why the fuck am I looking for BOOKS?’ – you should just tolerate it until level 10-15 before you want to throw yourself off a cliff.

#5 4 months ago
  6. unknown_gamer

@Luciferous
    You don’t need to stick to FF XIV when there’s Archeage Online
    Seriously, this Korean game generally wiped the earth with FF XIV Face
    Let alone , we haven’t talk about Black Desert yet , this game is the king of MMO’s ( Currently .. )

#6 4 months ago
  7. deathm00n

@GrimRita That’s why I said “as if there wasn’t enough of them already” I know the problem isn’t limited to the soldier path. And for me a game that you must wait for it to get fun isn’t a game I want to play. Same goes for FFXIV, played the beta, was bored to hell and back, and haven’t touched it again, even tough a friend says it’s really good after the initial levels.

#7 3 months ago
  8. deathm00n

@unknown_gamer Hell yeah for ArcheAge and Black Desert, there’s also finally Blade & Soul releasing on the west.

#8 3 months ago
  9. jamesx

I thought the game was pretty entertaining. The paths are interesting, such as the Settler and Explorer.

Never played got into WoW. Bought it back when it was first released, played it for a day or two, then never went back.

#9 3 months ago