Microsoft will announce new IP & sequels at E3 2014

Tuesday, 6th May 2014 10:35 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed that Microsoft will announce new IP and sequels at E3 2014, as well as collaborations with new studios.

20130902_halo_5_xbox_one

Call this a quickie confirmation of what we already expected, but over on Twitter, Spencer had this to say:

We already know that Black Tusk is making the new Gears of War, and 343 Industries is hiring to make Halo 5′s multiplayer rather shiny.

We’ve also seen rumours that Forza Horizon 2 is a thing, and that Halo 2: Anniversary is rumoured for a November 11 launch.

There’s also this brand-new Sunset Overdrive teaser site from Insomniac Games.

We’re also fairly certain Quantum Break will get a look-in as well.

We’ll have more when E3 2014 drops.

Via OXM.

1. Erthazus

Phil Spencer is going batshit crazy with this. Sony’s personal nightmare I guess right now.

Now it’s about GAMES ladies and not PR and TV bullshit. Finally.

#1 3 months ago
  2. Fin

“Head of game company confirms game company will show new games at big game event”

#2 3 months ago
  3. Waffle-Falafel

@Erthazus you said it!

Can’t wait to see what they have to announce. Very curious :-). Phil Spencer is doing it very well with the focus on gaming.

#3 3 months ago
  4. FreeZZa

Sounds good. Crackdown 3 maybe possibly?

#4 3 months ago
  5. Nomad_Sou1

Wow, there will be some new games for Xbox on E3! Spencer nailed it, Sony is doomed!

#5 3 months ago
  6. wamp

I like Spencer very much, but I’m starting to ignore those talks. That last few months is all “wait till E3 and you will see”. I hope I am wrong and they deliver a strong presentation, but for now I’m going to pass on all those hype building talks.

Sony on the other end are extremely quiet about what they are going to show at E3. I hope they don’t go out for 90 minutes and say here’s another 200 indie titles that will be coming to the PS4 and at the end they just show a logo “Last Guardian it’s coming”, which will be very cheap. I also don’t like the hype that is around that game. I know the potential it has on paper, but that’s about it what we know. the bad thing about this hype around Last Guardian I think is around the world “exclusive” that (especially if it’s a Sony one) automatically makes it a better game. Think about the Final Fantasy versus XIII hype train that was cruising for years. Then the game got confirmed that it’s still in production and coming for the next (now current) gen system, which everyone now is hoping to happen the same with The Last Guardian, but was also confirmed for Xbox, and suddenly everyone felt betrayed and hype about the Final Fantasy game disappeared.

I hope to see great games on that E3 and much less political, PR and fanboy stuff surrounding the event. I hope we will all be happy with what we will see and that the industry is finally going in the right direction again.

#6 3 months ago
  7. bradk825

I wouldn’t mind hearing some new features too, but if they do that I think it’ll be low key. I think they will keep the focus on games.

I hope to see something for Kinect that will show its full potential.

Believe it or not, I hope they are working on a sequel to Ryse that will be in a new time period, and add much more diversity to the actual gameplay (more weapon types, more ways to fight, less pushing the same button again and again) because the eye-candy level of that game is 9000.

The more new IP the better, but sequels will sell systems. If they announce Halo 5 there will be pre-orders.

#7 3 months ago
  8. Legendaryboss

YOU DON’T SAY!

#8 3 months ago
  9. kingy

This is good please give me a reason to buy a Xbox one ,especially as there is bugger all for my ps4 lol

#9 3 months ago