Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes DLC goes multi-format today

Thursday, 1st May 2014 11:27 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes previously platform-exclusive DLC packs have gone free and multi-format as of today.

UPDATE (May 1):

With the arrival of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes update 1.02, PS4 and PS3 owners can now download Raiden mission Jamais Vu for free, and Xbox 360 and Xbox One players can download Deja Vu on the house.

ORIGINAL STORY:

It comes from today’s edition of Kojima Station:

Translated by NeoGAF, it appears that the previously PlayStation-only Deja Vu DLC mission is coming to Xbox 360 in Japan next week, while PS3 and PS4 owners can look forward to Raiden’s Jamais Vu mission.

Both packs are said to be free, but it’s unclear if this only applies to those who have purchased the other pack first. The absence of Xbox One is due to the console releasing in Japan on September 4, so it’s possible that the same incentive could be announced for the West. Konami has yet to announce anything however.

We’ll have more as it happens. Stay tuned.

Thanks Johnny.

1. KAP

……got excited there for a second.

Oh Kojima, got me again you son of’a gun!

#1 4 months ago
  2. Angela Jone

SGA

#2 4 months ago
  3. Erthazus

ehm… That’s it? =/

#3 4 months ago
  4. silverstorm

The biggest troll of ‘em all.. Kojima-san.

#4 4 months ago
  5. Dragon

From exclusives to timed exclusives to DLC exclusives to timed DLC exclusives that wont be exclusives.
    Anything left?

#5 4 months ago
  6. Dog4life

Oh no thanks, i’m sick playing same level again !

#6 4 months ago
  7. salarta

Huh, I thought the “big announcement” would be something more substantial than this. This is just typical behavior. Companies do timed exclusives all the time, and I expected this to happen from the start.

#7 4 months ago
  8. Legendaryboss

I was just about to write “is it longer or shorter than the main game?” joke, but this is about the now timed exclusive DLC. Xbox owners finally get to experience an MGS 1 like experience, its about as close as they’re going to get.

#8 4 months ago
  9. Yogosan

@Legendaryboss. Yep, that’s as close as an Xbox owner will ever get to an MGS1 experience. Unless they owned a PS1 of course, or owned a PS2 which could play PS1 games. Or own a basic laptop or computer which can easily run MGS1 off a PS1 emulator or any other playstation game for that matter.

But apart from those options you are right. There is simply no conceivable way a person who owns an Xbox could possibly experience MGS1.You are a beacon of logic all children and adults alike should aim to replicate. Thank you for bestowing your wisdom on us cretinous ape-like excuse for humans beings.

#9 4 months ago
  10. Legendaryboss

Thanks! I aim to please.

In case this is sarcasm: 1. If those options aren’t Xbox, the point still stands. 2. I said Xbox owners, unless you can magically do all those options through Xbox and just Xbox, the point still stands. 3. I said MGS 1 like experience not the actual MGS 1 experience.

Can Xbox owners play MGS 1 on their respective Xbox platforms? No. Can Xbox owners play an MGS 1 like experience on Xbox One/360? When the DLC launches, yes. “Its about as close as they’re going to get.” I’m clearly referring to whether the experience can be achieved through Xbox.

#10 4 months ago
  11. Gekidami

…So what was even the point of platform exclusive DLC in the first place? Either have it in the game on all platforms from the start, or keep it exclusive.

#11 4 months ago
  12. Yogosan

Hmmm, I would consider MGS1 to also be a MGS1 like experience, even if by your logic it’s not.

Although MGS Substance, and MGS Ground Zeroes themselves are equally MGS1 like experiences since…y’know….they are MGS games. But your logic is better of couse despite being…y’know…illogical.

#12 4 months ago
  13. Yogosan

and regarding your 2nd point. Well actually there is an even better piece of magic in which an Xbox owner can play MGS1. By previously having owned a PS1!!! This is of course magic of the highest order which most fanboys and trolls alike cannot comprenhend. And since this a gaming site on the internet, well that’s a large amount of incomprehension.

#13 4 months ago
  14. Gekidami

Just noticed this part:
    “Both packs are said to be free, but it’s unclear if this only applies to those who have purchased the other pack first.”

What?

#14 4 months ago
  15. Legendaryboss

@12/13
    So a PS1 is an Xbox platform? No.

If i said this was their only option to experience MGS 1 you would have a point. I said MGS 1 like experience because Deja Vu has similarities/flashbackes of MGS 1, but isn’t MGS1.

Deja Vu is an MGS 1 like experience, its not actually MGS 1 so I said like experience. All MGS games are a MGS experience, not a MGS *insert number/title here* experience. Your overcomplicating and not understanding what I’m saying.

#15 4 months ago
  16. Legendaryboss

@Gekidami If that becomes a trend, blame Dave.

I don’t know what he meant.

#16 4 months ago
  17. salarta

@Gekidami I think the intended message is that PS3 and PS4 owners can get Raiden’s Jamais Vu mission for free if they bought the Deja Vu mission, and 360 users can get the Deja Vu mission for free if they bought the Jamais Vu mission. But yeah, the way it was phrased made it sound like Dave was simultaneously saying you don’t have to pay anything to get both missions, yet you have to pay for one of the missions to get the other.

#17 4 months ago
  18. Gekidami

@salarta
    ….But you dont have to buy either of those missions in the first place, they’re on-disc.

#18 4 months ago
  19. salarta

@Gekidami Well then I’m stumped. :P I knew I had Deja Vu right away, but I thought that was only because I preordered, not because I got it for PS4.

#19 4 months ago
  20. Michael Ireland

It wouldn’t surprise me if they were both on the disc already.

Why even bother in the first place? Were they supposed to be incentive to push sales or something?

#20 4 months ago
  21. Clupula

Yeah, I was going to ask what Salarta was talking about with buying them, but then I realized it’s Salarta, and he often talks without having any idea what is going on.

#21 4 months ago