Defiance, the MMO shooter from Trion Worlds, will become free-to-play starting in June on PC. The PlayStation 3 with go F2P in July.
The free-to-play version on Xbox 360 will be announced at a later date as the developer is “currently discussing details” regarding the Xbox 360 release.
Existing players will be rewarded with various items and boosts upon the game’s transition, with patrons being granted the following:
- Boosts to skill, XP, scrip, salvage, and reputation gain rates that stack with the matching boosts available in the store.
- 10% store-wide discount – boosts, costumes, lock boxes, all of it!
- A grab bag of one-hour boosts or Arkforge from Daily and Weekly Ark Hunter Bonus Lock Boxes. Console players will need to link their account to acquire this bonus.
These bonuses listed above are also granted to all existing Defiance box or digital copy owners.
New players will be able to play completely for free and brand new missions are which will further unfold the unique storyline are in the works.
The new content will compliment the second season of Defiance on Syfy.
Players who purchase a new box or digital copy of Defiance will be granted the following bonuses:
- A grant of 1,000 Arkforge, a currency redeemable for resetting weapon mastery, upgrading your weapon’s power rating, or even bumping an uncommon weapon to epic rarity.
- 4 Character Slots, 5 Loadouts, up to 75 Ark Keycodes, and a minimum 70 Inventory Slots.
- They will also enjoy thirty days of Paradise Patron status when Defiance begins its free-to-play service.
“The first of Defiance’s new crossover storylines is coming to Defiance in the coming weeks,” said Trion Worlds in the announcement.
“The world of Defiance is rocked when the hope of Tranquility, the first Earthling-Votan hybrid on record, lies dying in Eren’s emergency facility. As players track down the half-human and half-Irathient crossbreed’s medical history, they’ll quickly discover other forces are working to cover them up for a dark purpose.”
Defiance, will become free-to-play June 4 on PC and July 15 on PlayStation 3.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.