Destiny co-op ‘Strikes’ explained in new PS4 trailer, character creation images appear

Tuesday, 29th April 2014 08:31 GMT By Dave Cook

Destiny received a massive information and asset drop last night, care of Bungie, and Sony has posted its own PS4 trailer complete with commentary from the studio’s community manager David Dague explaining the importance of co-op Strikes. There’s also a batch of character creation images for you to check out.

If this all sounds familiar, it’s because Destiny Strikes were showcased in another trailer last night with raw gameplay. Hit the link to watch it.

This new one has commentary and explanations of what you’re seeing from Bungie.

Look:

The clip explains that Strikes put you in orbit above a chosen destination with your three-player Fireteam. You’ll then plummet to the ground to engage waves of enemies as a team, before taking on a boss at the end to earn big loot.

Dague also explained that Destiny PvP will be playable at E3 2014.

Next, Imgur user InternetApplause has nabbed some shots of Destiny’s character creation options:

destiny_character_creation_1

destiny_character_creation_2

destiny_character_creation_3

Destiny hits PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on September 9.

Via MP1st.

1. Luciferous

Beta cannot come soon enough!

#1 3 months ago
  2. fengato

Why does this latest announcement feel like little more than ‘please be excited for E3.’ No beta for the foreseeable future, and until then it will be impossible to gauge what this game is really like. I wish they’d go dark until ready for real promo.

#2 3 months ago
  3. bradk825

Sounds cool, though Destiny is being a little annoying to me at the moment. The beta is going to be for people who pre-ordered the disc, and I saw an ad from EB Games today for some special content for those who pre-order the disc, so those who buy digital are likely to be kind of screwed on this one.

I keep waiting for someone to realize that it’s better for them to sell digitally and either offer some better pricing or content or something. Anything.

#3 3 months ago
  4. fengato

@bradk825 I pre-ordered to get the code, then changed the pre-order funds to something non-gaming. I’m digital only this gen too.

#4 3 months ago
  5. Revolting

This was a much more interesting preview than the fireteam video yesterday, in my opinion. I’m still pretty excited for this.

#5 3 months ago
  6. bradk825

@fengato Ahh tricky. That’s a good idea.

#6 3 months ago