Watch H1Z1 developers play the game – video

Saturday, 26th April 2014 22:35 GMT By Phil Owen

Earlier this week, two of the dudes at Sony working on Sony’s online zombie survival sim with DayZ elements H1Z1 streamed video of themselves playing the game while talking about it, and the folks at GamesHQMedia have thrown it on YouTube so we can share it with you.

Meanwhile, Sony Online Entertainment boss John Smedley has talked a bunch about H1Z1, and you can check out some of those comments here.

1. Erthazus

The game Looks like shit.

Typical Sony. Games that are Hit or miss. This is one of the games that is a rip off. Also, games engine is not suited for this game. It looks like you are playing a crappy My little pony version of the game with zombies. It does not have Zombie atmosphere.
    In theory Planetside/Landmark engine is better for the gameplay then Rust’s/DayZ engines but so far I don’t see anything better. zombies have physics and the camera is smooth but who cares?

#1 6 months ago
  2. Joe Musashi

^^
    Above comment posted around a minute after a 50-minute video is posted.

Watch as tiresome PC elitist troll lashes out with abuse and excuses because his immature antics are highlighted yet again.

JM

#2 6 months ago
  3. Erthazus

@Joe Musashi I watched everything in it. Sorry Playstation fanboy to disappoint you. Also PC elitist bullshit has nothing to do with this because this game comes to the PC. does not matter.

it’s bad. Even at the Alpha stage it looks horrible.

#3 6 months ago
  4. BrokenSpline

Ugh! The compression is horrid can barely tell what is what. As far as the gameplay goes it could be fun. I have been looking for a properly funded Zombie sandbox game as DayZ is riddled with bugs and issues.

#4 6 months ago
  5. derpachu

Looks okay.. Will probably sill play. Much rather looking forward to Undead Labs MMO though. Or DayZ.

#5 6 months ago
  6. derpachu

@Joe Musashi Lol @ the PS fanboy irate.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Joe Musashi

Sorry McFly, that doesn’t add up. Like most of your ‘I’m an instant expert on everything’ commentary, it’s bullshit.

I know, why don’t you start posting some more doctored images to ‘prove’ your ‘facts’ again? That’s always a giggle.

JM

#7 6 months ago
  8. Joe Musashi

Calm your tits derpachu, I game on all platforms – unlike some outspoken fuckwits I could mention. Assumptions and brand-loyalist labelling to cover your own idiotic behaviour only convinces other idiots with equally narrow tastes.

Erthazus has a very very very long track record of platform elitism, prematurely trashing other platforms, making up complete bullshit ‘facts’, being found out thinking that lashing out with insults and labels like a 4 year old will distract everyone from his pathetic crusade.

Have a nice day.

JM

#8 6 months ago
  9. NocturnalB

It looks like plenty of fun to me, to each his own. LOL @ running over the other dev at the survivors camp.

#9 6 months ago
  10. ChristopherJack

I saw this vid several days ago, certainly looks better than DayZ. I recently bought DayZ standalone & my opinion remains the same- the game’s on the right track but going far too slow & I have constant (often deadly) lag spikes & struggle to connect & maintain a simple connection on <100 ping servers & when I get booted I get a 5-10min penalty for server hopping. I spend more time trying to connect than play & when I do play I find unenjoyable- Z's walking through doors & walls, spawn killers, & trying to meet a mate is such a fucking chore & travelling is too time consuming without a car.

#10 6 months ago
  11. BrokenSpline

@Joe Musashi

“Commenting on a 50-minute video a minute after it’s posted. Claiming he watched all of it.”

The video has been up for 3 days. So maybe you should “calm your tits”?

#11 6 months ago
  12. GrimRita

If they are to release videos, they a structure instead of 2 random devs trying to play and chat at the same time – it never ends well. Looks just like SWG on Taris – open areas, lots of running. Not going to judge the graphics because its clearly too early.

Was there enough to grab my interest? Not yet

#12 6 months ago
  13. dazedonthemoon

I’m anything but calm around tits. Just sayin

#13 6 months ago
  14. Erthazus

@Joe Musashi Nope. There is no track record of any fanboy elitism because I play on multiple platforms too and I always say that I play on the PS3 or PS4 and etc.
    You always bash people that says something about your beloved Shmony. Deal with it. I say that games are bad because they are BAD despite any platform.

The game looks bad and it has nothng to do with a platform. SOE has always been like that. Ripping off other ideas and not improving on them at all.
    Also, you are a retard. The video was posted since April 23. I watched it before VG247 posted it. You fail at life.

#14 6 months ago
  15. Joe Musashi

So it’s taken you a few hours and numerous posts to come up with that excuse?

How very unconvincing. Even when you perform your usual lashing out and name calling defence mechanism.

Oh, and playing on multiple platforms doesn’t preclude you from being the biggest PC elitist fuckwit this corner of the internet has ever seen. Your ugly history shows that off perfectly well.

JM

#15 6 months ago
  16. Obernox

I don’t know…. Looks pretty dull.

#16 6 months ago
  17. Darkfield

internal build an all it looks pretty drab.

#17 6 months ago
  18. stretch215

“….the biggest PC elitist fuckwit this corner of the internet has ever seen.” +1000. Anyone familiar with this site knows the tactics of the infamous erth-anus.

#18 6 months ago
  19. Legendaryboss

Well that escalated quickly!

As for the topic: no comment.

#19 6 months ago