Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment arriving in North America this summer

Tuesday, 22nd April 2014 17:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment will be released in North America through PlayStation Network on PlayStation Vita, Bandai Namco announced during its Global Gamer’s Days event.

Players will be able to customize the main character of Kirito as you begin your adventures on the 76th floor of Aincrad.

A dating element is also included in the game, with some going so well the night ends with a bit of pillow talk, apparently.

Four-player multiplayer with one AI partner each will also be included, so eight characters can go floor to floor besting enemies.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment will be available in North America this summer with more details to be shared at a later date.

Thanks, Siliconera.

1. Dragon

Da fuk?
    So, Bandai Namco, just to be clear, this game (of whose anime I liked a lot) will supposedly sell more in west than God Eater 2?

#1 8 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

@Dragon I don’t know what Bamco are doing anymore, i thought they were testing the waters on a Vita audience. Now they are just mind fucking us with their decisions.

Anyways Europe? They can’t be left out.

#2 8 months ago
  3. Dragon

@Legendaryboss,
    “testing the waters on a Vita audience”
    You are so right. They are indeed testing the waters. So when SAO game fails hard….

Bandai Namco spokesman – Unfortunately, PS Vita™ from Sony® games doesn’t sell in the west. So we have no plan of releasing God Eater 2 at the moment.
    Brilliant plan.

#3 8 months ago
  4. lexph3re

If this fails it won’t be because of me because I’m buying this shit

#4 8 months ago
  5. Dragon

@lexph3re,
    I may follow your suit too, but the game itself, while an improvement over the shitty PSP one, still doesn’t compare to the best Vita offer atm from what I heard. Do tell me your opinions on it.

#5 8 months ago
  6. Obernox

@Dragon There’s several good reasons why it hasn’t been announced for localisation.

Most important being: The game is pretty buggy for what heard, and they’re supposedly planning to bring online multiplayer via a patch.

I reckon the game will get a “Burst” that’ll probably see localisation. The game did sell really well in Japan and it seems to be a trend with the genre.

#6 8 months ago
  7. Dragon

@Obernox,
    You should know how much of a bugfest the PSP SAO was. So I doubt that is any reason for that.
    Although as you said, GE2B may get released.

#7 8 months ago