It’s Easter Weekend: we’re off to celebrate the festivities

Friday, 18th April 2014 19:17 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

It’s a long, Easter Weekend, and because of this, VG247 will be going dark from now through Monday.

bad-bunny-behavior-1024

The US celebrates a half day today leading into the weekend, and the UK is off until Tuesday.

We’re not as lucky in the US, but I won’t bitch too hard about it because I have Monday’s off anyway.

So, here’s hopping (see what I did there?) everyone enjoys this time off to: drink; go to mass; lash themselves; dress as a rabbit and do unspeakable things to your mate; overdose on chocolate; gorge on ham and deviled eggs; scour the pubs for ladies/gents; or whatever it is you do to celebrate.

Enjoy your long weekend, lovelies, and stay out of jail.

See you Tuesday.

1. Game Hunter

“VG247 will be going dark from now through Monday”
    So I hope Dave can finish DS II and write the journal #6,cause I need something that makes me continue playing that game.haven’t played since Tuesday and I don’t know why I can’t make myself to play it. Dr.Dave,I need a medicine!

#1 6 months ago
  2. Game Hunter

Also,happy Easter.so………..what’s Easter exactly? I live in middle east so I don’t know what it is.I guess it has to do something with rabbits,chocolates,eggs etc.

#2 6 months ago
  3. Panthro

@Game Hunter

Something about Jesus being locked in a cave, dying, being resurrected and escaping the cave.

Something along those lines.

Over here we just use it as a holiday and give each other chocolate, gifts and money.

#3 6 months ago
  4. Obernox

Oh my god Steph, where do you find these pictures?

#4 6 months ago
  5. Oh no its Colt

@Game Hunter Kind of what Panthro said, it’s a holiday celebrating Jesus’ rise from death after 3 days. But most people just think its about the start of spring.

Also, blazing it and praising it on Sunday :D

#5 6 months ago
  6. ddtd

“The US celebrates a half day today leading into the weekend”

We do? News to me. Someone should tell my boss this.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Selderane

@Game Hunter

Easter is the result of the Catholic Church co-opting a pagan holiday to attract converts.

The Easter celebration, one that remembers the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, is properly celebrated during the Jewish festival of Passover; Jesus being the Passover lamb and all that.

But that’s what Easter is today in mainstream Western life; a day to remember the resurrection that now is mostly about barbecues and chocolate bunnies.

#7 6 months ago
  8. fengato

Disturbing, Steph.

#8 6 months ago
  9. XbonerVsPiss4

Chortle Chortle!!

#9 5 months ago
  10. DarkElfa

It’s Monday, where is everybody?

#10 5 months ago