Dragon Age: Inquisition has Kinect voice commands comparable to Mass Effect 3, BioWare confirms

Friday, 11th April 2014 11:35 GMT By Dave Cook

Dragon Age: Inquisition will get Kinect functionality after all, despite claims that it wouldn’t. Sounds like that partnership deal between EA and Microsoft is kicking in again.

Speaking with OXM, BioWare’s creative director Mike Laidlaw said, “We’re expecting that Xbox 360 and Xbox One editions will ship with a Kinect-enabled voice command feature, just like Mass Effect 3 did.”

Can’t get much clearer than that eh?

Meanwhile, Laidlaw has also explained why Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC won’t include new characters. Hit the link for all the details.

1. Erthazus

Awesome. No one cares. Woo

#1 9 months ago
  2. Persia13

ME3 Voice command didn’t work, and when it did, it wasn’t my command.
    I don’t think anyone will be using it.

#2 9 months ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

‘Shotgun… Shotgun!… SHOTGUN!!!! Oh I’ll just press a fucking button then!’.

#3 9 months ago
  4. Homer2014

yeah, nobody cares, but it’s absurd that the voice commands are kinect exclusive when they work fine with a simple microphone and a good voice recognition software on any platform

#4 9 months ago
  5. Legendaryboss

@KineticCalvaria @Erthazus
    Nailed it.

“Sounds like that partnership deal between EA and Microsoft is kicking in again.” Yep this is a real unprecedented relationship.

#5 9 months ago
  6. Obernox

“Varric, let me run my fingers through you chest hair!”

#6 9 months ago
  7. eTitan

Why do they keep trying to force the voice commands in to games when they’re obviously shit.

Unless I can scream to Varric (or any other party member) “GET THE FUCK OVER HERE” or “KILL THE FAT ONE”, I don’t give a fuck about this.

#7 9 months ago
  8. mightyhokie

The only reason I never used voice commands in Mass Effect or Skyrim was because I had a newborn I didn’t want to wake up screaming commands, and with Skyrim there was the added problem or remembering how to speak dragon.
    But I have to say that the Kinect that is with my XO is a lot better and a lot more sensitive. But with Dragon Age if you set up your commands for your NPC’s right you really shouldn’t need this.

@Obernox HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!! At least you said ‘chest’ instead of ‘ass’. Good stuff. Varric is awesome.

#8 9 months ago
  9. fearmonkey

I don’t see the need…..

Seriously, why havent we had this incredible AI interactive game for the Kinect yet? Milo was going to be it for the Xbox 360 (if it was ever real at all). The Dreamcast had Seaman and with a new Kinect we dont have anything further advanced?

That to me should have been something built into the Xbox, a console Cortana Ai that has a Seaman like game and interface.

#9 9 months ago