Bound by Flame video contains numerous gameplay sequences

Friday, 11th April 2014 13:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bound by Flame has a new video available showing off more of the combat system developed by Spiders Studios.

The video contains numerous gameplay sequences and commentary describing the combat system and game mechanics such as the skill trees, companions, the bestiary, crafting system, and the player’s human/demon duality.

Bound by Flame will be released on PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, and Xbox 360 May 9.

1. SlayerGT

I’m down. Since Diablo 3 looks to miss the summer, this may be my Dragon’s Dogma instead.

#1 5 months ago
  2. MFBB

@SlayerGT take a look at Lords of the Fallen

I am going to try out both, but it seems to be better than Bound by Flame.

#2 5 months ago
  3. Edo

Looks like another Spider Studios janky RPG..,I have no idea why is this getting so much attention.

#3 5 months ago
  4. Mike W

@SlayerGT

What makes you say that? Did they say they’re going to push Diablo 3 to the fall for the PS4?

#4 5 months ago
  5. TheWulf

This actually seems like it might be okay. I hope so. Unusual fantasy games are far, far too rare. The herd assimilated fantasy, so whereas it was once open to all sorts of things, these days it’s just plethoric po-faced ponces prancing around some part of Europe’s past, usually the British isles, slaughtering generic monsters and wildlife to appease their overly one-dimensional Good Alignment (whilst ignoring the fact that bringing species to extinction would be an act of evil, but hey, can’t burst their bubble).

Am I ever tired of that. Even ‘typical’ fantasy back in the ’90s was silly. I mean, Ultima VII was just a parody of everything, and if you were taking Ultima VII seriously, you were doing it so wrong, so, so wrong. And that doesn’t even mention the naked pixie lady who chases you around and hits on you, or the numerous ways that you can accidentally kill Lord British (one convoluted one even involving his supposedly soft head and a loose sign).

And that was just Ultima VII.

Have I mentioned how I really miss the craziness of the ’90s? It was bonkers, then. Things are so sterile, barren, ‘bad arse,’ and serious-faced now. And when someone does have a sense of humour, it’s usually incredibly low-brow and misogynistic (which is so omnipresent that a game had to be made just to make fun of that).

This is why I hate the lowest common denominator. Games can’t revel in being bonkers and silly any more, they have to be serious, and familiar, and boring. And all I want is more like Ultima VII. I want unusual RPGs. Is that really so much to ask?

#5 5 months ago
  6. TheWulf

Because, like Orcs and Men, despite its flaws it dares to be different? They’re at least trying, which is more than I can say for the vast, vast majority of people who’re making nothing but ma-cheese-mo pumped male power fantasies, these days.

They’re at least trying.

#6 5 months ago
  7. SlayerGT

@MFBB It does look nice but when’s it coming?

#7 5 months ago
  8. SlayerGT

@Mike W I haven’t said anything I believe. I wish it’d hit soon. I can’t wait anymore! :-D Dragon’s Dogma was my summer game the year it came out. My Skyrim save went bananas right before DD hit, I ended up beating it twice that summer on 360, and another time the next summer before I played the expansion. I may just start over on DD since I have it from Plus now :-) just want a good action rpg..nowish.

#8 5 months ago