Tomodachi Life release date announced for Europe and North America

Thursday, 10th April 2014 13:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Tomodachi Life, a massive hit in Japan, will be released in North America and Europe in June.

The news comes out of an odd Nintendo Direct presentation posted above.

Here’s the word on the game straight from Nintendo:

Build a bustling fantasy population of friends, family and your favourite personalities from TV, movies and sports, as Mii characters come to life with their own voice and personality, all on one wild and hilarious island where there is something new to discover every time you check in. The real emotional connection you already share with your characters will keep you glued to the drama, intrigue and hilarity that ensues as everyone goes about their extraordinary daily lives, evolving and interacting in unpredictable and often uproarious ways.

Additional information about Tomodachi Life “will be revealed in the future,” and will be made available for Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 2DS systems.

Known as Tomodachi Collection: New Life in Japan, and the second in the series, Tomodachi Life is out June 6 in both regions.

1. polygem

color me surprised.

#1 5 months ago
  2. polygem

the american trailer is much better btw.

#2 5 months ago
  3. polygem

here you go:

#3 5 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

@polygem
    Opinion: an awesome, innovative and crazy Unsure if that line thing will work.

Fact: “new IP from nintendo.” I’m uncertain you don’t know what people were thinking of when they requested new IPs and for which platform, a struggling one comes to mind as well as X comes to mind.

“and noone on here cares” That is a lie, you care plus how do you know anyone else cares?

Why is it so hard to just write “oh look, an awesome, innovative and crazy new IP from nintendo” and leave it as that.

#4 5 months ago
  5. polygem

it´s not hard to do that…but it would not represent my thoughts.

#5 5 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

@polygem Oh the line thing did work! Suit yourself.

#6 5 months ago
  7. polygem

i don´t think i understand…

#7 5 months ago
  8. Michael Ireland

@polygem I can’t care about something that I never knew existed in the first place. I watch gaming news like a hawk and this is literally the first time I’ve ever even heard of this thing.

The snarky snobbery is unnecessary.

#8 5 months ago
  9. Michael Ireland

As for quality, I think this looks like crap. Being new doesn’t automatically make something good.

#9 5 months ago
  10. Legendaryboss

@polygem Good! lets leave it at that.

#10 5 months ago
  11. polygem

i can´t argue about the quality either (it seems to be a huge success in japan though) – but i should be allowed to express my feelings (and i don´t need a legendaryboss to tell me what is fact and what is opinion. imo THAT stuff is really unnecessary)

i think this trailer is extremely self confident and the idea is very innovative and promising. it could become a huge success or a gigantic flop :)

#11 5 months ago
  12. Michael Ireland

@polyem Nobody is complaining about you having an opinion. They’re complaining about you making a blind generalisation that insults everyone who doesn’t share it.

“oh look, an awesome, innovative and crazy new IP from nintendo…………….and noone on here cares.

color me surprised.”

#12 5 months ago
  13. Legendaryboss

“but i should be allowed to express my feelings” then do so without commenting on others.

“and i don´t need a legendaryboss to tell me what is fact and what is opinion” The point went right over your head, that wasn’t the problem but carry on.

“imo THAT stuff is really unnecessary ” You make me laugh, Poly :D Its for all the wrong reasons but still congrats!

#13 5 months ago
  14. polygem

no, i am not surprised that this trailer doesn´t seem to get the same attention that it gets on many other sites. i am not insulting anyone by saying that, the way i putted it might be a bit snappy but an insult it is not.
    a generalisation it isn´t either because this article was on for a while with no posts.

#14 5 months ago
  15. polygem

@polygem
    i don´t think i understand…

#15 5 months ago
  16. polygem

lol
    out now. this goes off topic too fast. sorry if i offended anyone. i just wanted to say that i think this game is a pretty bold move from nintendo and i like it.
    @LB: francis +1

#16 5 months ago
  17. Legendaryboss

This isn’t a new IP. Its a direct sequel to Tomodachi Collection on DS.

#17 5 months ago