Dark Souls 2 PC graphics options screen leaks – rumour

Tuesday, 8th April 2014 00:15 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Dark Souls 2 is only From Software’s second foray into PC development, but if this allegedly leaked graphics options screen is legitimate it’s certainly upped the ante.

The image, cross-posted on Reddit from NeoGAF, shows various graphics options players weren’t able to fiddle with in the first Dark Souls on PC.

The list isn’t as extensive as you’d expect from a more experienced PC development studio, but is a pretty good effort, and shows From Software has taken the port quite seriously this time.

Although it can’t be confirmed until Dark Souls 2′s PC release date of April 25, some rapidly pulled screenshots suggest the PC version may be significantly better-looking than the PlayStation 3n and Xbox 360 releases, which are available now.

We’ve asked Namco Bandai for comment. Click the image below to see the alleged options screen in more detail.

dark_souls_2_pc_graphics_options

Thanks, VGLeaks.

1. Panthro

Now… only if they would show us some actual screens of the game in action…

Whether or not they have ‘severely’ downgraded it from the reveal (I know they will have downgraded some visuals) is going to affect whether I purchase it or not, not because it is ugly (I have played the 360 version, ew) but just on principal, the fact they have withheld the PC footage for this long just tells me it is either going to be terrible or amazing…
    And I’m leaning towards terrible due to the state they released Dark Souls 1.

Not going to support a company who tried to pull a fast one on its fans, fuck that shit.

#1 6 months ago
  2. Denmark

Not a game I would run on pc unless it was far and beyond top of the line which I’m not interested in dumping money for. I’m picturing graphic whores playing the game with furious lag and other visual problems; the games beautiful as it is to be honest “textures, models, motion, blur, fps, i think it looks great..Dragon Aerie?”
    I would never sacrifice Dark Souls game play over graphics.
    From Software themselves have mentioned a greater interest in physics, as well stating that graphics have peaked in terms of importance; game play is their main focus and visuals are an easy enough feat currently.
    However I am interested in seeing footage of the game running on a high end rig for curiosity sake.

#2 6 months ago
  3. Denmark

I honestly love Dark Souls 2 graphics on console, it looks spectacular in my opinion; if the series goes next gen I would rather them expand and perfect the game in every other way and stay away from wasting time on visuals when the artistic value has reached a high enough fidelity to appeal. Imagine a Dark souls game bigger than the first two combined, in terms of scale, story, lore, weapons, armor, gear, loot, move sets etc it would be sublime.

#3 6 months ago
  4. Panthro

@Denmark

DSII on 360 looks like a HD remake of a game released on PS2.
    I have it on 360, so I’m not biased, they can and should do way better.

#4 6 months ago
  5. Panthro

I have had iPhone games that have come close/ if not sometimes had better visuals than Dark Souls.

#5 6 months ago
  6. YoungZer0

The only good thing about Dark Souls 2 presentation was the new lighting system. It oozed with atmosphere, so it’s pretty damaging that it was not included in the final version of the game.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Malfet

Gamespot posted short youtube video of some pc version runs. Giantbomb guys uploaded pc gameplay of 1 hour long on their site. In short — everything looks and runs awesome, no E3 lightning, tho :(

#7 6 months ago
  8. Panthro

@Malfet

Links? I haven’t seen ANY gameplay of the PC version yet.

#8 6 months ago
  9. Malfet

@Panthro
    No can google, huh? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3xXtdg6tN0 — gamespot.
    http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-dark-souls-ii-pc/2300-8726/ — giantbomb.

#9 6 months ago