Popup Dungeon is an interesting looking roguelike dungeon crawler posted on Kickstarter from Triple.B.Titles, which lets players create “any weapon, any ability, and any character they can imagine.”
The Linux, Mac and PC title is a papercraft version of an enchanted board game with turn-based tactical RPG gameplay similar to Final Fantasy Tactics.
Users have the ability to create and customize every aspect of their heroes from looks to theme music and from weapons to abilities. These can be created using the developer’s “extensive library of assets” or can be imported by players.
Here’s a list of key features:
- Roguelike: permanent death, quick gains, procedural dungeons
- Tactical Turn-Based RPG: fast-paced, strategic game play
- Infinitely Extensible: Users can easily create: weapons, abilities, characters, and enemies.
- Papercraft: We hand-fold every pixel to ensure every dungeon is fresh and lively for you!
- Multiplayer: Hot Seat or Online Coop (Versus mode is a Stretch Goal)
- Flexible Party Size: Dungeon Crawl alone or with a party
- Variable Challenges: Choose the dungeon crawl that’s right for your schedule, from single-seaters to infinite descents.
- Persistent Gains: Charms awarded by The Wizard after a run are permanent and give every character under your control a bonus. They are quite magical. Collect and combine them to achieve curious effects.
- Experienced Team: Made by Triple.B.Titles, an independent studio that has previously taken a game from Kickstarter to Steam.
The game is being built with Unity and the team is asking for $80,000 to develop the game. As of press time, 198 backers have pledged $6,234 with 43 days left on the clock.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.