The Elder Scrolls Online available now – go, go go

Friday, 4th April 2014 00:32 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Elder Scrolls Online has brought both the European and North American megaservers online, making the MMORPG available around the world.

This isn’t early access; the official launch seems to have been brought forward a couple of hours after Zenimax Online finished last-minute preparations ahead of schedule, so everyone can jump in and start playing right now on Mac and PC.

The MMORPG arrives on PS4 and Xbox One in June.

1. jmg24bad

Missing an m in. “Morpg”

#1 6 months ago
  2. Michael Ireland

This will be dead in a matter of months.

#2 6 months ago
  3. Brenna Hillier

@jmg24bad cheers!

#3 6 months ago
  4. TheKeyPit

@Michael Ireland I don’t think so.

#4 6 months ago
  5. The_Red

@Michael Ireland
    Possibly even sooner. The sad part is that final game is much, MUCH better than the beta from 1-2 years ago. It’s by no means a superb title but after playing it a bit, I found most of the negativity surrounding it to be a bit exaggerated (Or based on a horrible early builds).

That said, it is definitely not worth the subscription.

You can’t charge 50-60 bucks for the game and then ask a lot more of via monthly subscriptions in this day and age unless your game is either WOW or the next coming of jesus.

#5 6 months ago
  6. kisame

yeah go, go go go throw up cos the game looks sh..

#6 6 months ago
  7. Sethos

No thanks. I can’t believe there’s people in denial about this game, it looks generic as hell and simply won’t be able to compete – Especially not as a monthly sub MMO. This will go F2P or just wither away quickly.

#7 6 months ago
  8. FeelTheBurn

I don’t see this game lasting very long either. It’s missing something but I just can’t put my finger on it.

#8 6 months ago
  9. orren

@Sethos

“I can’t believe there’s people in denial about this game”

Yeah right. The tons of people in the game playing it right now and having fun must all be in denial, because a random forum poster who watched a video about it once thinks the game looks generic.

/rollseyes

#9 6 months ago
  10. _LarZen_

This is the BEST mmorpg game I have played since World of Warcraft.

#10 6 months ago
  11. Hcw87

It’s good but:

- It should be Buy2Play
    - Combat sucks. It’ll get boring VERY fast.
    - Feels like Skyrim With Multiplayer, not like a traditional MMO so far.
    - Pretty much no PvE endgame for core players.

I’m playing it casually, i don’t know anyone else who’s playing it. Pretty sure i’ll hit max level and won’t renew my sub after the first month. It’s just something to play while waiting for Wildstar.

It’ll be worse on consoles though, where the social experience is hampered severely. Nobody talks in console MMO’s. There aren’t alot of people who can be bothered hooking up a m+kb to type. Defiance sucked on consoles, and i’m sure this will aswell. I don’t see why anyone would buy this on consoles actually. It’s more expensive and you don’t need a powerful PC to play it.

#11 6 months ago
  12. orren

@Hcw87

B2p: i saw enough black lion chests to last me a lifetime. No thanks.
    Combat: i think it is fun, but i can see how i could seem boring to others. Try something different, there are tons of different skills for different weapons/classes. Some certainly felt more fun to me than others.
    Feels like skyrim: That was the goal actually. To me it feels like skyrim whe i play solo in first person mode, and like an MMo when i group in 3rd person mode(and definitely like MMO in the pvp zone).
    PVE endgame: there is – adventure zones. Overworld tuned to groups, with dungeons tuned to up to 24 man raids. Whether they are any good remains to be seen, no one got there yet.

#12 6 months ago
  13. Michael Ireland

@orren Mate, if you enjoy the game, that’s great. MMOs always have an influx of characters at the start. They doesn’t mean it has any chance at any sort of longevity.

#13 6 months ago
  14. orren

@Michael Ireland

“MMOs always have an influx of characters at the start. They doesn’t mean it has any chance at any sort of longevity.”

Of course. If an MMO has barely any players at release, it is going to fail. If it has millions of players at release, it is still going to fail because ‘initial numbers don’t mean it has any chance’. Gotta love the hater logic.

#14 6 months ago
  15. Michael Ireland

@orren Initial high numbers doesn’t mean it has a chance. When people reach max level, they grow very tired of the grind very quickly leave unless there’s enough end game cogent to maintain it.

It’s not “hate” to make a critical assessment of a game.

#15 6 months ago
  16. orren

@Michael Ireland

“It’s not “hate” to make a critical assessment of a game.”

Ehm…

“This will be dead in a matter of months.” – Michael Ireland

‘critical assessment’ my behind.

#16 6 months ago
  17. _LarZen_

@orren “critical assessment’ my behind.”

Haha! That was EPIC man! :D