UPDATED: Assassin’s Creed Unity leaked video still shows city street – rumour

Friday, 4th April 2014 09:55 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed: Unity appears to be getting another trailer soon, according to a screen grab from a now-pulled YouTube clip. The image appears to show the game’s protagonist walking down a street in Paris.

UPDATE 2: a larger version of the image has appeared on NeoGAF, and upon closer inspection the shot looks like concept art, rather than a direct screen. It could be a filter however. Anything’s possible right now.

assassins_creed_unity

UPDATE: Ubisoft declined to comment when contacted by VG247.

Assassins_creed_unity

The video was posted by YouTuber watchdogs xwk before it was promptly pulled following a copyright violation claim from Ubisoft. The still was published on Reddit before the clip was pulled.

We’ve contacted Ubisfot for comment, but for now, why not check out the debut Assassin’s Creed: Unity alpha trailer, and Brenna’s article on why Unity might be the best series entry to date.

Via DualShockers.

1. mistermogul

Looks nice. But then don’t Ubisoft games always look nice on their reveals! lol

#1 6 months ago
  2. Edo

I don’t know about this but I’m sure we’ll find more about the game next week when GameInformer reveals their next cover(surprised they didn’t do it this week)+ we’ll see another trailer from Ubisoft prior to that.

#2 6 months ago
  3. Panthro

Look’s an awful lot like concept art to me.

Lol when I clicked the ‘thumbnail’ for the picture, a smaller version of that picture showed up.
    Very helpful.

They do need to get a new art style though, the one they have has been the same for 7 years, the buildings and rooftops look exactly the same every iteration just with a new lick of paint.

#3 6 months ago
  4. Gheritt White

@Panthro That’s clearly not concept art – firstly, you don’t create concept art with an over-the-shoulder view of the protagonist in the centre of the frame; secondly you can clearly see that the UI elements in the bottom left and right hand corners have been blacked out – you don’t get UI elements in concept art.

Other than that, I am SUPER hyped for this game!!

#4 6 months ago
  5. mistermogul

@Gheritt White – Yeah I’m quite excited too!

Although I liked Black Flag, it wasn’t as good as I was expecting. The pinnacle of the series for me is still AC2 and this looks a lot more in line with that game from the little we’ve seen of it. That’s cool with me if it is!

#5 6 months ago
  6. Gheritt White

@mistermogul AC:B is still the best entry in the series to date, IMHO.

#6 6 months ago
  7. kingy

I’m not a graphics slut ,but that looks good if it looks that good when it is released my nickers will be firmly on the floor

#7 6 months ago