Nether, the first-person urban survival game built using Unreal Engine, has been updated to include territory conflicts.
Tribes can now compete for control of the city by capturing strategic buildings cull resources and show dominance, according to Nether Productions.
The update contains 10 buildings players can capture, and bases have been added along with special tribe objectives and a skill tree.
Players can choice whether to not to join a tribe, but should they choose to firm an allegiance, they will have to go through an initiation process.
Other additions inlcude:
- Wastelands: The Map has doubled in size. The barricades are down and a new section of Burnham is ripe for the taking.Be among the first to reap the unfound rewards of the Wasteland.
- Playable Female Character – The future of humanity is secure.Females are now playable in Nether.
- Expanded Loot System: The scavenging and loot system are revamped to make surviving more intuitive, meaning no more finding a bag of chips sitting on a subway floor. Looted objects now take player stats into account to help new players find better loot more often and freshly looted areas now have open and empty states to show players where loot was previously.
- Golden Chests: With strong scavenging skills players can find the golden chests scattered throughout the map. These chests contain special goodies and they can only be unlocked with a skeleton key, which is purchasable at any market. Survivalists do not drop chest keys on death.
- Underwear Uniform: Combatants can intimidate their enemies Celtic-style by fighting in nothing but their underwear.
- Riot Shield: Everyone knows cover is for chumps. Grab the riot shield and charge head on.
- Custom Taunts: Customize your character’s personality with unique animations, and open the up role-playing possibilities with taunts.
- Safe Spawning – Players can now choose whether they spawn in a randomly chosen Safe Zone or in a chance spot in the world.
- Tutorials: Learn all there is to know about Nether.Every first time user will have a helpful, but optional tutorial that will teach all of the features of the game.
- Waypoints: Players can avoid opening their map to track movements and can now place a waypoint and follow their HUD for uninterrupted travel.
More information can be found through the official website.