Anti-violent games senator Leland Yee arrested by FBI on suspicion of bribery and corruption

Wednesday, 26th March 2014 17:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

California State Senator Leland Yee, who tried to pass a bill banning the sale of violent games to children, has been arrested by the FBI over charges of bribery and corruption.

hahahaha

According to NBC News, the FBI office in San Francisco said others were arrested in a sweep today, and Yee will appear before Federal Magistrate Judge Nathaniel Cousins in at 1.30pm PDT for arraignment.

Yees’ charges are in relation to his work as a state senator as well as his campaign for secretary of state.

This isn’t Yee’s first brush with the law, according to the San Francisco chronicle.

In 2000 Yee was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting a bottle of suntan oil, and in 1999 he was pulled over by police twice on suspicion of in search of prostitutes.

Charges were never brought against him for the aforementioned.

1. Beta

LOL! This has made my day :)

#1 6 months ago
  2. YoungZer0

Haha, what a story, Stephany.

On a serious note, this guy is an idiot. There are so many options to get legally bribed in the US, and this fool didn’t think of any of them. Probably not a career person.

#2 6 months ago
  3. domnage

I DID NOT BRIBED ANYONE, I DID NAT!

#3 6 months ago
  4. bobnice

Which party is he with, Republican or democrat? Suspicious why it wasn’t in the article? Makes me think he’s probably a Democrat since it wasn’t mentioned.

#4 6 months ago
  5. Stephany Nunneley

@bobnice Yes he is a Democrat, I don’t know why you would think that was the reason I left it out considering it is common knowledge due to how often he was in the news last year.

I almost didn’t even post it since “technically” it has nothing to do with games.

#5 6 months ago
  6. salarta

@Stephany Nunneley I think the bigger reason for not posting which party would be because corruption is corruption, regardless of which party is doing it.

However, if the reason you didn’t say his party affiliation was feeling it’s common knowledge, I gotta remind that this site is essentially global. :P I’m in the U.S. and I didn’t even know anything about this guy until this article, and I’m sure it’s less likely for people outside the U.S. to know that.

#6 6 months ago
  7. Stephany Nunneley

@salarta Well there’s that too, the corruption bit.

#7 6 months ago
  8. fearmonkey

It was the video games, they made him want to accept bribes, all that GTA5….

#8 6 months ago
  9. fearmonkey

@bobnice – IT says California State Senator Leland Yee, no Republicans senators there.

#9 6 months ago
  10. The_Red

It’s really amazing how this anti-gaming assholes end up.

Last decade, we had Jack “I am mental” Thompson who was disbarred and believe by many to be legally insane. Now we have the asshole senator who spend millions of dollars of taxpayer money to push his agenda and create controversy around a bill that could have helped conceal his other (shadier) dealings.

#10 6 months ago