Indie horror-adventure title Home comes to PS4 and Vita this year

Monday, 17th March 2014 18:09 GMT By Sherif Saed

Benjamin Rivers’ indie horror-adventure Home will be ported to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, with a release date of this year.

Home

The developer confirmed the news via a blog post on the EU PS Blog. The new versions will feature all the previously added areas and updates from the PC version.

“it’s a game that’s meant to be played alone, in the darkest room (or alley, or barn, or deep, dank forest) you can find. On PS4, this means you can turn off the lights, crank that sound system and let the dread wash over you. If you’re extra brave, you can play the game on your Vita – somewhere scary, where no one will find you, and with a fat pair of headphones, of course,” said Rivers.

“Home is a game that depends on the players who play it. It doesn’t just talk to you; you’re part of the conversation. So the most exciting thing about seeing the game arrive on PS4 and PS Vita is going to be reading and hearing the myriad new stories, theories and comments that players will continue to contribute to the discussion surrounding the game. I hope you’re as excited as I am to see Home in the hands of a whole new audience; I can’t wait for you to play it!”

Home is a murder mystery with a twist in which the player decides what ultimately happens. Previously the title came out on PC and mobile platforms after.

Are you looking forward to this?

1. KarmaG

If the pic above is what the graphics look like then no I won’t be playing. I didn’t buy a ps4 to play 8bit (or less!) games.

#1 5 months ago
  2. nostramo

Totally agree, i bought into the next gen to be wowed with cutting edge, beautiful to look at graphics, instead i’ve had buggy cross generational ports and shitty ps plus crap.
    Outlast any one? Wow look at the high def textures on the darkness, …and look at the depth of black on the….er.. Black,
    So yes, i agree with KarmaG , i’ll be sitting out and not participating in Home, Think graphics aint the be all ? Eh.. Eh..
    Then go spend £60 on a PS4 or xbox one game of your choosing and play it from start to finish blindfold, enjoy.

#2 5 months ago
  3. Obernox

I agree, Hotline Miami and Scott Pilgrim are the few exceptions, but really…. it was charming at first but now it’s getting annoying. Retro City Rampage killed the charm pretty hard.

#3 5 months ago
  4. Panthro

@KarmaG

You have a console and you are complaining about graphics? I thought you guys weren’t allowed to do that…

It’s like me buying an old banged up car and then complaining about how slow it is.

#4 5 months ago
  5. KarmaG

@Panthro Your reply is flat out stupid. Did you see the screenshot? I wouldn’t even play that on my gaming pc. Yes, I have one of those too. I’m not here for the asinine console/pc war. I was commenting on the game looking like it was made for an atari. Ty.

#5 5 months ago
  6. Panthro

@KarmaG

Was meant to hit the reply button next to nostramo not you.

Still though, regardless of it having an ’8-Bit’ style it is a nice looking game.

#6 5 months ago
  7. Panthro

With a good horror atmosphere.

#7 5 months ago