The team needs $150,000 to develop the title, and so far, $85 has been pledged with 29 days left.
Here’s a short list of features:
- Moving, personal story designed by industry veterans of such titles as Mass Effect and Halo 4, where the player gets the final say
- First-person terrain traversal gameplay — leap, slide, and slope-run across the barren landscape
- Freedom to explore an enormous alien world and discover its secrets however the player wishes
- Epic, symphonic-electronic soundtrack of haunting themes, using live instruments and analog synthesizers
- Vivid and impactful visual design inspired by classic animation to encourage curiosity and inspire exploration
- Narrative Design integrated across all disciplines to focus on immersion and emotional engagement
Epoch: Return is slated for a Q1 2015 release on PC, but the game’s size and release platforms other than PC are possible depending on how much funding is acquired through Kickstarter.