Dark Souls 2 PC minimum and recommended system requirements announced

Friday, 7th March 2014 14:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dark Souls 2 minimum and recommended system requirements for the PC version have been posted by Bandai Namco.

Here’s what your PC will need inside to run the game:

Minimum

• OS: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8
  • Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.2Ghz or Intel Pentium Core  2 Duo E8500 3.17Ghz
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT, ATI RadeonHD 5870
  • Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c or higher
  • Network: Internet connection required for online play and product activation

Recommended

• OS: Windows 7 SP1
  • Processor: Intel CoreTM i3 2100 3.10GHz or AMD A8 3870K 3.0GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 or higher, ATI Radeon HD 6870 or higher
  • Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c or higher
  • Network: Internet connection required for online play and product Activation

Dark Souls 2 will be released on PC April 25.

1. Hcw87

No way i’m preordering this until we’ve seen it actually running on PC. The first game was a horrible port-job.

That said, my 780ti should handle this with no problem.

#1 8 months ago
  2. Takeshi

I guess a GTX 465 is to be expected when the game isn’t being developed for next-gen. My GTX 760 won’t have a problem either. 60 fps is friggin’ sweet on PC, sure, designed at 30 fps on consoles, but man, does it improve the gaming experience.

Which isn’t too bad, the graphics of Dark Souls isn’t that important, and you can always include mods. And I do hope it’s open to mods just as the first game was.

I won’t be pre-ordering it just yet either. I never see any advantages to pre-ordering a game weeks in advance unless it’s a very, very good discount.

#2 8 months ago
  3. ballz

btw here are some cheap lies from namco https://twitter.com/namcogames/status/441660169949163520 :))

#3 8 months ago
  4. Xbone

I liked the first one so I planned to buy this one too… but then I heard you will get invaded even if you are hollowed. I dont want to play pvp, I dont wanna fuk with my internet connection while I play… so I guess they dont want me to buy the game. Luckily, there is another way :D

#4 8 months ago
  5. CPC_RedDawn

I find 30fps on ANY platform for third person games to be perfect. As no matter what platform I am using a controller. If I am using a mouse and keyboard then I need 60+fps.

I do hope they at least try with this sequel, the first on PC was a piece of crap! 30fps lock is NOT good at least give the option to have it higher, but the main and most stupid of them all was the 720p resolution lock!! WTF???

Thank you DSfix it sorted out MANY of my problems!

#5 8 months ago
  6. X14EVR

lol who the fuck would play this game on pc the platfrom full of harcore basement fagot neackbeards when there is better options i dont like keyboards because they are made for excel sheets and not games anywone who learns to use a gayboard and mouse is just a gay ass nerd who probably doesnt even own any guns

#6 8 months ago