Super Mario Kart dated for Wii U Virtual Console

Thursday, 6th March 2014 12:31 GMT By Dave Cook

Super Mario Kart has been dated for Wii U’s Virtual Console, hot on the heels of a Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition pack, which includes a blue shell toy. Hit the link to see its announcement trailer.

Will you be picking this up?

1. kingy

I bought all the old games for my wii ,Nintendo messed up big time here not being able to transfer my games to wii u

#1 10 months ago
  2. Joe Musashi

@1 You can transfer your Wii VC games to Wii U.

JM

#2 10 months ago
  3. kingy

@Joe Musashi ..your joking really this is one of the reasons I’ve not got a wii u

#3 10 months ago
  4. OlderGamer

He isn’t joking. All Wii VC are playable on WiiU.

However, they are not all playable off screen on the WiiU gamepad. Some of them are(with a 1.50usd upgrade fee), and the new ones offered on WiiU vc are. I just bought Breath of Fire II, for example…it plays on my Gamepad. But Super Star Solider, purchased on Wii VC does not.

In order to play old Wii VC games, you must enter Wii Mode. Basicly this turns your WiiU into a Wii and you play the games as you would on a Wii, with the Wii Mote.

If a game gets the WiiU VC treatment, you can pay to upgrade it for use off screen on the gamepad.

I know, could be a lot better. But all wii vc games are indeed playable(and transferable) on WiiU.

#4 10 months ago
  5. OlderGamer

Also I should add there is no fee to transfer your Wii VC lineup to your WiiU. That is done when you set up your WiiU for the first time. However, once your transfer your Wii data to your WiiU, your Wii will then be wiped clean and all of the games and game saves VC/Wii Ware/other are all transferred to the WiiU. Along with your account info.

All Wii disc games will work in your WiiU too.

Once I transferred my Wii to my WiiU I gave my Wii to my oldest son. It was basicly worthless to me.

#5 10 months ago
  6. kingy

@OlderGamer Thanks for the info ,think I might have to go get a wii u now ,I can’t believe I didn’t know this ,every day is a school day lol ,thanks again guys 😃👍

#6 10 months ago