Dark Souls 2 PC release date confirmed for April 25, prologue trailer released

Thursday, 6th March 2014 15:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Dark Souls 2 will be released on PC April 25, Bandai Namco has confirmed. The date was announced on the game’s official Facebook page. The date correlates with the release date posted last week via an advert posted on Siliconera.

image60

As for console, and while supplies last, pre-ordering the game will net folks the Black Armour Edition – containing an Exclusive Metal Case, the Original Game Soundtrack and an early access to the Black Armour Weapon Set.

If pre-ordered on Steam, customers will get a digital soundtrack and the early access to the Black Armour Weapon Set, the Official Dark Souls 2 Artbook in PDF format and The complete Dark Souls 2 Digital Comic Book written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art provided by Simon Coleby.

To celebrate the PC announcement, Namco has released a prologue trailer. It’s below.

Dark Souls 2 launches in North America March 11 and across Europe on March 14 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

1. Edo

Man…it’s a shame that I have no interest in this series what so ever.Can someone please tell me is there any other selling point to Dark Souls other than “it’s haaard”.I mean is it “cheap deaths”hard or are the enemies that the player fights respecting the same same set of rules that are at player’s disposal.How ‘s the story,lore and the actual RPG elements?

#1 10 months ago
  2. Darkfield

@Edo It’s a fun game, has interesting lore, incredibly grim and on top of all that you feel like a true hero going against the world with your back against the wall. It’s like you’re a one man raid team in the hardest raid tier of WoW and when you kill a boss the feeling is gratifying enough that makes you wanna keep at it on go forth.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Edo

@Darkfield
    Ok thanks,I might actually consider it.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Hcw87

Story is horrible, or even nonexistant. The only reason to play this is if you want a _HARD_ game that you want to overcome. If you have no patience or dislike hard games in general, there is no reason to play this at all.

That said, there is some real satisfaction to get out of this, but you’ll have just as many infuriating cheap deaths too.

#4 10 months ago
  5. CPC_RedDawn

Lets hope its not a complete shame like the first Dark Souls was on PC.

That abomination was an insult to PC gamers who went out their way to ask Namco for the game on their platform and Namco just saw dollar signs and rushed it out in a complete mess!

It took ONE GUY…., JUST ONE GUY less than 24 hours after release to fix the main issue the resolution and frame rate cap… LESS THAN 24 HOURS… ONE GUY!!!!

Seriously Namco I hope you learnt your lesson!-

#5 10 months ago
  6. PrinceEV

@Edo PLAY this game. this game’s MUCH more deeper than “it’s haaard” and “cheap deaths”. buy the first one and try to learn the game and its rules in the first 5-6 hours. then wait for hundred times of orgasms in your gaming life ;)

#6 10 months ago
  7. Digital Bamboo

The standard version of this game is listed for “only” $50 on various websites for PC. Is that normal?

@Edo I’m not sure why you would dismiss such a celebrated series so casually, given that it seems you know very little about it. I can’t speak for Dark Souls, as I haven’t played it yet, but Demon’s Souls is a modern classic. It’s hard to express exactly why, it just offers a very unique and satisfying experience that many modern games lack. Truth be told, I didn’t even find it overly hard (after about the first 50 times I died), it forged me into a demon-slaying machine, and, like a long, arduous journey, drew out all my best qualities, so I emerged a better gamer on the other side.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Edo

@Digital Bamboo
    I dismissed the first one because the PC port seemed atrocious at the time it was released and quite frankly not ready to die 50 times just because “that’s the only way to learn”….I am fed up with the “trial & error” in stealth games so I ‘m guessing this would infuriate me even more.

#8 10 months ago