Call of Duty: Ghosts players can soon download Devastation, the second of four DLC Packs for the game. It is set to launch on April 3 exclusively on Xbox Live for both Xbox One and Xbox 360 first.
The DLC features four new multiplayer maps, plus chapter two in Extinction’s four-part episodic story which features the 100-foot tall seaborne Cryptid Boss – the Kraken.
Starting today, Ghosts DLC Season Pass owners on Xbox Live can also pick up the a”Ripper”, a tactical 2-in-1 weapon – which you can use against other in the first multiplayer demo weekend which kicks off tomorrow.
Devastation is available a la carte for $14.99, or as part of the Season Pass.
Here’s more information on the maps and the next chapter of Extinction:
- Ruins: Located on a Mexican peninsula and set amidst the remnants of a mountaintop Mayan temple, with multiple levels providing verticality for longer-range weapons, and underground pathways perfect for close-quarters encounters. Savvy players that find and complete the unique Field Order will be able to trigger the map’s volcano to erupt, and enjoy watching enemy players attempt to take cover as fiery debris fall from the sky.
- Collision: A mangle of debris scattered atop a container ship pinned underneath a crippled bridge in New York. This small map is ideal for run-and-gun tactics. Players that dominate Collision and complete the map’s specific Field Order will be able take control of a heavily armed aircraft and rain down destruction from above.
- Behemoth: Takes place on a massive excavation platform in South America. Long sight lines open this map up to longer-range weapons, while the compact interiors of the control rooms are ideal for SMG’s and Shotguns. Completing Behemoth’s Field Order will allow players to control an attack helicopter armed with a deadly, armor-piercing Rail Gun as it circles the excavator searching for enemy combatants.
- Unearthed: Drops players into a re-imagined version of Dome the fan-favorite multiplayer map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. With a new look and all-new secrets, Unearthed is a compact map for all player types, who must navigate an alien artifact dig site in order to unlock the map’s Field Order and unleash the power of the Cryptids, as well as locate the map’s secret alien weapon.
- Extinction: Episode 2 – Mayday: Following the dramatic events that took place deep within the Alaskan wilderness at the Nightfall Program research facility, the Quick Reaction Force team now heads onboard a mysterious Chinese research vessel drifting abandoned in the Tasman Sea in the South Pacific Ocean. Players will uncover a much deeper conspiracy as they pursue Captain Archer and discover what has become of Doctor Cross. Armed with multiple mod-able versions of the Venom-X weapon powered with Cryptid technology, players will come up against yet another new alien species referred to as the “Seeder,” as well as go head-to-head with a massive, 100-foot tall Cryptid enemy from the depths of the ocean…the “Kraken.”
A release date for PC and PlayStation consoles will be announced at a later date.
A gallery showing off the map environments are below.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.