Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed coming to PS3, Vita in the west

Thursday, 6th March 2014 01:09 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed is the localised title of Akiba’s Trip 2, coming to PlayStation 3 and Vita in the west thank to XSEED.

akibas_trip_undead_and_undressed

The Acquire-developed title arrives in North America sometime in norther summer, with both Japanese and English audio options. We firmly believed theories about yesterday’s tease, which have now paid off.

Akiba’s Trip 2 released in Japan last year, and concerns a group of heroes fighting creatures called Synthisters, which can be destroyed by exposure to sunlight. You have to pull off their clothes to achieve this. Yep.

An XSEED representative told Polygon that the localised verison won’t be censored in any way.

“Everything that was in the Japanese game will be in our version,” XSEED said.

1. Digital Bamboo

Akiba’s Trip, eh?

I see what they did there.

Perv’s rejoice, I guess?

#1 10 months ago
  2. Luciferous

I watched a gameplay clip – dude beat a girl over the head with a guitar before stripping her of her clothes… I’ll… I’ll play it when it comes on to PS+ …

So bizarre

#2 10 months ago
  3. The_Red

Social Justice Warriors and overly sensitive games journalists get ready! The next click bait is coming in form of Akiba Trip 2.

Seriously though, it’s really nice to see this get localized. Regardless of content, having more of these weird Japanese games is appreciated. Hopefully PS4′s sales mean we get even more in the future.

#3 10 months ago
  4. CharlesLupula

Hahahahaha….I cannot wait for the outcry against this game. I think I may actually buy it, just to strike out against censorship and to feed my love of weird Japanese perversion as a conversation piece.

#4 10 months ago
  5. kenburkett

upto I looked at the check saying $5582 , I didnt believe that my friends brother could really receiving money parttime from their laptop. . there great aunt has done this for under seventeen months and just repaid the dept on their home and bought a gorgeous Acura . see it here W­ o­ r­ k­ s­ 7­ 7­.­ℭ­O­M­

#5 10 months ago
  6. fihar

@The_Red
    Killer 7 is weird.
    Seaman is weird.
    Katamari Damacy is weird.

This poor man’s No More Heroes is just a bundle of fanservice sequences molded into a game.

It’s no different than your average slasher flick.

#6 10 months ago
  7. The_Red

@fihar What’s wrong with slasher pics? There is a whole genre of movies dedicated to slasher movies. Even exploitation movies have a place in history and among movie fans (Sexploitation, Blaxploitation, Ozploitation, Naziploitation and so on).

A great director like Tarantino is a huge fan of such genres as well as generally offensive “roughies” from 70s-80s. Of course this game is nothing like those. It’s just like you describe it “a bundle of fanservice sequences”. With the added dash of weirdness, it can be great depending on one’s tastes. It’d take this over a a million re-hashed CODs, FIFAs, Marios, GOWs and Halos.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Dragon

@The_Red,
    Exactly. I find it quite funny how some people say “non-puritan” games like this somehow prevent video games from “maturing”.
    Yet, when I see around “mature” entertainment mediums like Movies, books etc. , they are filled with variety for everyone to enjoy (or guilty pleasure).

Frankly, I feel its just that some people don’t accept things quickly. Video games are very recent forms of ent. compared to centuries old movies and books etc. Some years from now, such criticisms wont find any takers, or wont influence any decisions.

#8 10 months ago
  9. olaurenm

John . even though Eleanor `s remark is super, last week I got BMW M3 after having made $6301 this last 5 weeks and over 10-k lass-month . this is certainly the best-work I have ever had . I actually started nine months/ago and straight away made myself over $70, p/h . see post W­ o­ r­ k­ s­ 7­ 7­ .­ C­ O­ M­

#9 10 months ago