Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer expansion, The Insurgent Pack, has been detailed in full by Guerrilla Games.
The pack includes a new Character Class, three new abilities, three new weapons and two new game modes.
Here’s what it includes:
- The Insurgent – a brand new class with two unique abilities: Hack and Steal: The insurgent starts with just a pistol and his wits about him. As vulnerable as he is, he can slowly build up his arsenal in the game by using [Steal] to steal weapons from downed enemies, which enables him to use those weapons throughout the game, even if he falls in combat. By using [Hack] he can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, turning the tide of battle quite swiftly.
- Three new abilities – The Scout, Support and Assault also get additional abilities: E-Pulse emitter – a deployable beacon that sends out an e-pulse making it difficult for enemy units to install automatically in that area; Tactical Echo emitter – a deployable beacon that send out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units; Guard Drone – The Assault gets a stationary Buddy drone; deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
- Three new weapons – Welcome old friends and new with this pack of weapons for the Scout, Assault and Support: M82 – the classic assault rifle of choice from Killzone 2 and 3 is back; L512 SMG Pistol – this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch; Sta14 Rifle – The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
- New single player Elite Mode – The nightmarish difficulty of Elite Mode will test the hardest of warriors: Three lives, Hard difficulty, and the Shadowfall campaign to test your mettle.
- New online collectibles – Find the online collectibles crates in game for rewards: A limited set of collectible crates will spawn only for Insurgent Expansion holders, one per match for a limited time. Collect one and earn extra points in game, collect more and stand to win rewards in game.
- Insurgent Personalisation Pack: 1 OWL Skin, 3 Spotlight Moves, 1 voice-over pack containing HGH and VSA battle chatter voices.
The Insurgent Pack will be available on PlayStation Store in April for €9.99. It is also part of the Season Pass