EVE: True Stories graphic novel released by Dark Horse, re-tells actual battles from CCP’s sandbox

Thursday, 20th February 2014 12:41 GMT By Dave Cook

EVE Online is known for its large, player-driven battles and tales of betrayal, heroism and war. Developer CCP Games and Dark Horse have teamed up to release issue #1 of its EVE: True Stories graphic novel series, which adapts those real battles into comic stories.

eve_true_storues_issue_1

In a press release sent to VG247 today, CCP confirmed that issue #1 is called ‘Thieves Among Us’ and re-tells the fall of real player alliance Band of Brothers. The crew was brought to its knees on February 5, 2009 by one player, an event that remains something of an MMO Legend to this day.

It’s been adapted by Wolverine Origins and Deadpool writer Daniel Way and features artwork from Tomm Coker of Daredevil Noir and Near Death fame. Aliens and Heavy Metal artist David Palumbo has designed the cover.

You can download Eve: True Stories issue #1 via Dark Horse Digital for iOS and Android devices.

What do you think of the adaptation concept? Let us know below.

1. NinjaMidget

That’s fantastic. I’d love to see a hardcopy version though!

#1 6 months ago
  2. deathm00n

The itchy to play EVE is killing me, but my money killed me first, no money to pay the subscription…

#2 6 months ago
  3. BraveLilCrumpet

Me too, I’m sure there was something on the EVE Store a few months back called “True Stories” but it’s gone now, my best guess is that they’ll wait until all the stories are out and then release a compilation.

I can do you a 21 day trail but that’s the best I can do for you if you’re interested.

#3 6 months ago
  4. deathm00n

@BraveLilCrumpet I’ve already played a month of the game, so I can’t use the trial. I was already in a big corporation and all. Thanks anyway.

#4 6 months ago
  5. Darkfield

@deathm00n and @BraveLilCrumpet You can buy PLEX with in-game currency (ISK) if you had good friends in there they might even give you one. When I was playing with my friends he used to spoil me with PLEX and ISK and even ships and fittings. They were blackhole dwellers with Lead Farmer, ISK wan’t an issue with them. :D

#5 6 months ago