Starbound is working towards a future where wipes no longer occur, but although your characters and ships are safe, you need to back up your worlds now.
The v. Enraged Koala patch will allow developer Chucklefish to add new biomes and make changes to worlds without exposing players to the risk of losing their worlds.
“There will likely be one more world wipe sometime in the future when we finalize the universe layout. This won’t include a character/ship wipe, though, and you can still back up your worlds,” the developer warned in its patch notes.
Thanks to this change, Chucklefish will be able to offer new content much more quickly, and expects to send out updates almost every day. New content, including biomes, will follow the patch as soon as it has been adapted to the new patching system.
Full patch notes are below, but please note Chucklefish broke the update into two halves, so some of the content may be missing at present. Highlights include a new microphone instrument, with sounds provided by Smooth McGroove; you can hear it in the video below.
- Valentine’s Day items including swords, costumes, decorations, bow, etc
- Engine feature, tech can now be granted by armours
- Keybinding reconfiguration, minus the UI (you can reconfigure keys through a config file- check here for a tutorial)
- Server stability fixes for servers with many players
- New death animations
- Engine feature, all objects are now scriptable and interactive
- More Avian weaponry
- Projectile changes
- Dogs can now be captured (lots more pets coming soon)
- A bunch of new items and smaller pieces of content
- New (actually sounds good) microphone instrument with sounds provided by Smooth McGroove
- Bug where warping to magma/volcano biomes caused crashing was fixed
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.